Pinfari Coaster and Wave Swinger for Aussie World

Gazza

Just casually browsing Sunshine Coast council PD online I stumbled across this:

post-88-0-01266000-1386421773_thumb.jpg

A Pinfari could be anything really http://www.pinfari.com/models.html

Could be a small as a big apple/wacky worm coaster, right through to something the size of Metropolis as LPM. They also make a couple of models featuring a single inversion.

This is really good news Gazza!! AussieWorld needs another coaster and a Wave Swinger is a great family ride!! They will both be great family attractions!!

As to the coaster, there are several other manufacturers that would have been preferable but its good to see this family park go from strength to strength!!

Hopefully we will see a different offering that has not been seen in this country by Pinfari- something like the attached catalogue would be very good!!

Any idea on the timeframe for these attractions?

Wild-Wind Pinfari.pdf

Edited by Jobe

Nice find! It looks like Interpark and Pinfari merged, because that page you linked Gazza shows the Interpark coaster models, but there's also a page below showcasing the Pinfari collection. They offer a model with two inversions: http://www.pinfari.com/pinfari.html. Also that WhirlWind model, whilst looking awesome in the brochure, in real life it looks a bit rough

Well this is, um... news. I'd be happy about the wave swinger, but the park already has one. I assume this will be replacing it?

The Pinfari, on the other hand... oh God. I guess a standard Pinfari Zyklon like Metropolis at Luna Park would do okay as a family ride. But I don't particularly like the sound of the park getting one of Pinfari's looping deathtraps.

do they have the room to put one of these in

Yep, also on the Sunshine Coast council PD Online system is a full masterplan for the park, expanding up the hill where the luge track is. No actual specifics (just general "zones" of "ride areas" and "bushland fingers"), with the tallest rides at the front of the park and the shortest at the back. One thing that was interesting was the prospect of a tower ride, indicated in the height envelope at the front of the park.

Edited by Gazza

Ok so short answer is it will be a bonafide addition, and not a replacement - the mouse is staying (for now)...?

As for them 'already having a wave swinger'... they don't. They have chair-swings. A Wave Swinger is a vast improvement and a nice upgrade.

I must admit it is a helluva thing to photograph at night - but i'll always come back to 'dragon's flight' at Wonderland and that for me is enough to love this new attraction.

Regardless of the type of coaster, these expansions are coming thick and fast from AW and is sure to get them on the map as a less-popular, but still must-do trip to the south east QLD area.

As with Jamberoo, AW is one of the few parks that survived after the 80's "park boom", and while it's taken a while for them to get traction, they're slowly climbing that hill... can't wait to see what's next.

Agree with your comments AlexB- you are spot on!! We are lucky to still have parks in Australia like Aussie World, Adventure World and Jamberoo!!! Its keeps the majors honest and keeps the industry alive and gives it a home grown feel- brilliant!! As you say- it is great to see them doing so well!!

Aussie World have confirmed to myself on Facebook that the rides will be in place sometime next year, with an announcement early in the half They wouldn't be drawn into what type of Pinfari coaster model has been purchased- however Thrill Zone International on Facebook has reported that it is a kiddie coaster but this is an unsubstantiated rumour at this time. Thrill Zone would not confirm their source or whether the information is accurate. They also alluded and hinted that the Town Hall in Aussie World is getting a revamp for next year as well into some form of new attraction!!

This is great news as I plan to re-visit Aussie World late next year!!!

I don't even bother reading TZI posts.

At a time when nobody is talking - I just don't buy half of the rumors they start on.

I don't see it being an insanely intense model, but I think they'd be ridiculous to go with a kiddie coaster given their current lineup. I call bullshit, and headline grabbing on behalf of TZI.

Well the funny thing is I politely asked for their source of info on Aussie World rides and they asked me to PM , which I did. All I got out of them was that they couldn't say much due to Aussie World. I repeated the question politely again and the next thing I knew, they had blocked me!! I was unbelievably surprised - there was no rancor or malice in my questioning. It tends to call into question greatly the info they are presenting as legitimate.

The simple fact of the matter is that if it is allowed to be released, the park would release it.

if it's being released without authority, then TZI shouldn't publish it - just as Parkz doesn't publish insider secrets if the GC parks don't specifically authorise it. We can speculate all we like, and in some cases some people may give very good clues on where to look to find out more, but it's never specifically stated as fact.

TZI refuse to list a source, so if (or when) their 'rumor' turns out to be false, they can just say 'our source got it wrong'. See - if they said their source was the park itself, or an employee of the park, they'd very likely be exposed as bullshitters if the park then didn't do what they said they would.

Everything is speculation until the media release...

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Aussie World on boxing day (first time since they put the red back, plunge and giant slide in - greaaat day!). I noticed when i was on The Plunge, the area next to it (in between the skirmish and the plunge ride) had been excavated and there was foundations for a ride being laid. It's a round ride and there is wooden steps all around it so I'm assuming this is the 'wave swinger'.

Excited! AW is such a great little park now.

Spoke to Aussie World today and they confirmed that the first of the new rides is indeed what POP saw being constructed. They will be making an announcement soon!! This will not be long in making its debut, and hopefully the coaster will not be too far behind. It's not unreasonable to assume that both rides could be in place before the Easter holidays.