The Parkz Update: Sea World, December 2013

Richard

Love the update... is it too soon to start talking about SW's next attraction? Looking at this: http://cdn.parkz.com.au/photo_update/general/2013/12/1212-1_Storm_Coaster_25.jpg That grassy hilled area would seem like a perfect spot to drop in a small attraction - something like a spaceshot would really go well. *Disclaimer - 1 ) I know MW has a spaceshot. I said something 'like'. 2 ) I know the spit has a height restriction. Perhaps allowances \ relaxations could be made. 3 ) This probably goes off topic and needs a post of it's own, but I figured i'd wait and see what traction it got first... What else could fit in there? That grassy spot was a nice quiet spot to relax away from the crowds - few people ventured that way - but now that Storm's entry is practically on top of it - maybe it's time to put that small parcel of land to good use?

No - i don't think so.

I mean the only thing that gives it a 'viking' feel is the boats themselves... and the dragon head actually shields a 'direct hit' of water on splashdown.

The ride is as popular as ever - probably because it's one of the few family rides that everyone can go on (pretty much). The queue is always miles long (even in colder times of the year), and the vikings storming the castle is a perfect fit to the theme.

What would you retheme it as?

How would it fit with it's current surroundings?

Since they have only just moved the flume trough (and concreted it in to boot) i can't see them changing the layout at all - so what we're left with is a cosmetic re-theme... and really - what is there? The rafts, a few bridges, and the castle...

You can't change the castle - it fits perfectly with how it is. the bridges - there isn't much you can do with them anyway that would add to the theme, and the viking boats as they are suit the 'storming of the castle' concept of vikings perfectly...

No - i think SW need to leave Vikings well enough alone and focus on something else. I know we have Wild! coming - but i'm not talking about an animal attraction - we do see enough of them in Sea World IMHO - let's see a replacement for pirate ship, either on the ship's site (if wild isn't taking it up) or alternatively, on the 'grassy knoll' between the castle and the storm show building.

if the theatre is burning down, the grassy knoll is the last place I want to be standing.

As for an evacuation point - it's a pretty shitty one. It is landlocked by attractions on all sides, and is minimally accessible at best to emergency services who need to get to the injured.

If SW need an evac point, they'd be better suited to direct people to the grassed area to the south side of the Seal Show, or better yet, behind the dolphin stadium... both areas provide far better accessibility in the event of an emergency.

No - i don't think so.

I understand your point. It fits the castle fine, but it doesn't fit the new route with the storm section that's all. Just look at the pics posted, you've got brand new (albeit destroyed) shipping area with a 10th century viking themed attraction running through it.