Palmersaurus

Bussy

He's definitely full of himself... but since he ran for parliament he's been trying to distance himself from the 'financial' aspects of the business.

Of course, it's a bunch of shit... but an eccentric man with some money and a bit of a dream is how we ended up with Disneyland...

Of course, i'm not suggesting Clive 'titanic' Palmersaurus Motorama is in the same league as Walter Elias Disney... but if nothing else, these attractions may prompt competition in the area, and the quality of the competition is bound to improve...

(God knows it can't get any worse)

I can't believe he called it Palmersaurus, he's just full of himself...

Well we all know he has to attach his name to every single freaking project he does. Indeed, it's just a big ego boost.

The whole project is ridiculous, and I can't see anyone visiting it. And his reasoning for the admission cost is just hilarious - comparing it to Disney? Really, Clive?

Edited by alex_1

• 2 weeks later...

It opened today and a number of reviews and images have been released. I think it is stupid how the dinosaurs are so close to the resort. Palmer could have bought more land and made it further away from the resort. Guests are already complaining about the noises the dinosaurs are making. Also why did he put a huge t-Rex in the middle of the gold course. The dinosaurs don't look that bad. Palmer could have made this a great attraction, but instead he has made his resort bad. He should have made it like Jurassic park. Where you go on a car and it goes through the area, but still providing a path for guess to walk along. Also it is quite expensive. For a family of 4 it is $100. It should be half of that.

It opened today and a number of reviews and images have been released. I think it is stupid how the dinosaurs are so close to the resort. Palmer could have bought more land and made it further away from the resort. Guests are already complaining about the noises the dinosaurs are making. Also why did he put a huge t-Rex in the middle of the gold course. The dinosaurs don't look that bad. Palmer could have made this a great attraction, but instead he has made his resort bad. He should have made it like Jurassic park. Where you go on a car and it goes through the area, but still providing a path for guess to walk along. Also it is quite expensive. For a family of 4 it is $100. It should be half of that.

Why would you go to his dinosaurs park when you can go to Sea World's Dinosaurs Island?

Umm...Jurassic park worked because the fictional park contained REAL dinosaurs. Who would pay to sit in an automated car and look at fake dinosaurs? If it is your interest, you want to be able to take photos up close etc, see the animatronics clearly. Why is the t-Rex on the golf course - marketing. Moving it further away from the resort alienates it from most of its target market. Most people who stay at Coolum resort won't mind $100 for a family experience. It's unique and cheaper than a family trip to the movies!

I think seaworld have about 14 dinosaurs... Palmersaurus has over 160

I don't see the point to go to that extent. I think the SW exhibit(s) is a decent size...But 160 dinosaurs would just be mind numbing and you'd well and truly be over it by the time you'd seen say 50.

160 dinos seems to just be wasting money for the sake of it.

Also it is quite expensive. For a family of 4 it is $100. It should be half of that.

It's way to expensive anyway.

I get the feeling you're the type of person that was down in Sydney whinging about the price of WnWS tickets, and claiming you won't go because of the price.

Time will tell but if it proves popular enough - it will get the people. If it isn't - then the price will come down.

Either way - they spent the money, they built it, it's not public land, so they can charge whatever they want.

http://youtu.be/pP5CdRiY8Ak

http://youtu.be/pP5CdRiY8Ak

Edited by AlexB

• 3 weeks later...

What I don't get about this is that if you're a billionaire, and this is a vanity project, surely you'd want to throw some money at it to make it good? Everything Palmer does (Gold Coast United, Palmersaurus, His Soccer Federation, plans to build a Zeppelin) just seems so half arsed. This isn't a theme park, it's a long boring walk around hotel grounds with model Dinosaurs, what a surprise that the reviews are awful.

Also on the Disney thing, I found a quote attributed to Palmer: It's says a lot about what's going on in his head, and a serious contender for the stupidest thing ever said:

If you went to Disneyland in France or Japan, you wouldn't find a Dinosaur park bigger than this
Edited by joz

I think he's just trying to re-build history in a way that he likes.

He's never met a dinosaur apart from sharks and crocs? Make Jurassic Park.

By the sound of the federation he's trying to become the Che of soccer.

And why make a Zeppelin? Because Hindenburg sounds like a tasty German chocolate.

If he likes making a bad name for himself and screwing others over, why doesn't he just buy out Sony BMG?