Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Website FAIL

GoGoBoy

Great park - AWFUL WEBSITE. Not only have people had huge problems trying to buy tickets through it - but the navigation & layout is appalling. Is it just me or can nobody else access information on all of the different attractions? When I choose one of the options (Adrenaline, family etc.) all that seems to come up is these giant tiles with the majority of the page cut off. For example, the part about Boomerang Bay only includes the first sentence - I can't scroll down!

I sure hope they didn't pay for someone to design it.

I did a course at uni last year that talked about website layouts and this ticks all the boxes for bad design. It's even worse on mobile, was on it earlier and some pages I couldn't scroll down. They need to rethink and redesign with something that looks good but isn't cluttered like it is now with tiles, and actually provides details on each ride such as weight & height limit (instead of in a whole section on its own), number of riders, thrill factor, etc.

Under explore, hit the all rides tab:

http://wetnwildsydney.com.au/explore/all-rides.aspx

post-88-0-51797000-1387264185_thumb.jpg

In terms of the website not working, I'd entirely put that down to people still running IE8. Just opened it in IE8 compatibility view and it doesn't work properly, but IE9 and IE10 work fine.

Edited by Gazza

It doesn't work on Safari. People need to stop automatically thinking that poor website design must be an internet explorer issue.

It doesn't work on Firefox either. And if I don't do as Gazza suggested and go to 'all rides' (I didn't even see that until Gazza mentioned it), the individual categories totally fail.

I use chrome. I don't have any problems on how it functions (that I know of, apart from problems buying tickets like gogoboy mentioned which was more likely to be server side problems with high traffic). To me the layout just seems jumbled and unaesthetically pleasing with too much crammed into a small space.

Regardless of cross compatibility issues, it isn't hard for them to build a website for cross-compatibility.

Why do web designers insist on including all the latest gadgets that only work on the latest browsers (and then only some of them) just because they are there?

Whatever happened to Netscape? Let's go back to Netscape 3.0 and be done with it!

End of the day - what is the point of having a website if you're going to exclude a vast majority of users by not having it compatible across the board? I've seen many websites where you're given the option of 'flash site' or 'no flash' - at least give people the option of a more bare bones but still functional site - the content was already there - it is just a matter of how it is displayed.