Sea World - No Entry train crossing

Gary86

I put the pic on Sea Worlds Facebook page again maybe they will respond this time. Everyone should photograph the gate on your next visit and post it to there Facebook page and maybe then they will listen. I'm so sick of that annoying gate!!!

You should private message them as well. I did it about the storm coaster and how they should put a wall or curtain to hide the different parts of the ride. They said that it has been taken and the feed back will be taken on board for when the ride is having maintenance. If they do is another thing.

I noticed the map of Sea World on Google Maps taken in the days of Bermuda Triangle and maybe when the train was operating shows that there were 2 gates at the crossing and 1 has been removed... Image was taken at the time when Jet Rescue was under construction and Sea Viper was the Corkscrew post-29205-0-12540000-1387880209_thumb.p I private messaged Sea World, posted the image twice on their page and also on the Theme Parks.com facebook page and had no response. I guess they can't come up with a reason why the gate is still there. Everyone who is sick of that gate needs to keep bugging and teasing Sea World until they finally listen and remove it. Anyone visiting the park fell free to jump it. It no longer has a purpose which was to close the path as the train came through. When the train was operating the gates were only closed when the train was crossing.

Edited by Gary86

It's been a long time since the train closed so it's possible that those gates were only there for service vehicles and guests went through the retail plaza. But back the you could ride the train over to the Corkscrew, now the train is gone the gate should be removed to allow easier access between rides.

I can't see them removing that gate any time soon I guess the put the gate so they can get people to go through the carnival games who knows?

Or, you know, maybe, as discussed millions of times on here, it's to filter the people past the food, games, retail area of the park so they're likely to spend more money.

Or, you know, maybe, as discussed millions of times on here, it's to filter the people past the food, games, retail area of the park so they're likely to spend more money.

Which is pointless since people just climb over the gate. If they really want people to go through the food and games area they need a taller gate.

As mentioned above, if this gate is such an inconvenience as to make guests risk their own safety jumping over it, then it needs to be removed. It's like a duty of care to guests, and a lawsuit waiting to happen (we know how petty some people are). if not remove just build a bigger obstruction.

Edited by buzzkill13

As mentioned above, if this gate is such an inconvenience as to make guests risk their own safety jumping over it, then it needs to be removed. It's like a duty of care to guests, and a lawsuit waiting to happen (we know how petty some people are). if not remove just build a bigger obstruction.

Someone getting injured jumping over a barrier that is not on a thoroughfare thru the park would have no eligible claim for damages. Whilst inconvenient, there is a clearly marked path to be followed.

That's potentially not true. If enough people are doing it, and Sea World know there is a potential for someone to get injured, then they are obligated to do something to mitigate the risk. A good lawyer would probably be able to get them on the grounds that Sea World failed in its duty of care, in allowing a dangerous situation to continue. I don't think it's morally right, but I think legally they could be exposed.

I don't think the train needs reopening but I just had a thought that when "Wild" opens maybe they could add another monorail station to that side?

The park could do with a redevelopment which will include the removal of all the remain train track / stations.

As for that gate making it harder to climb over is a very bad idea as it is very confusing to find your way around the park. Opening the gate will allow easier access around the park and won't waste guests time in finding the alterative route.