Adventure Cove Singapore (waterpark)

GoGoBoy

I have spun this off from the thread talking about 21st Century Fox World being built in Malaysia. The topic of Universal Singapore came up and I mentioned how I had been planning to visit both it and the adjacent Adventure Cove waterpark. I have had a good look at the offering at this waterpark and while it is relatively small-ish, the standard of attractions is impressive. In particular, they have a rather decent lazy river; it certainly blows Wet 'n' Wild Sydney's river out of the water. From the park map below you can see it basically chugs around a large part of the park, through tunnels and various theming elements and past various marine life displays (I bet they don't need a thousand lifeguards to monitor it either). All of the attractions are also surrounded with lush tropical landscaping. It's neat!

post-68-0-32290600-1387346264_thumb.jpg

post-68-0-36989000-1387346273_thumb.jpg

post-68-0-67093300-1387346281_thumb.jpg

Edited by GoGoBoy

Your right GoGoboy..this looks like a great little waterpark!! The Lazy River looks awesome!! I am thinking of doing Singapore at some point soon as well and this looks like the perfect companion to Universal!!! I haven't been to Wet and Wild Sydney yet but from the pics I have see, it looks very sterile. The Lazy River at Jamberoo is far better themed than its WNW counterpart and they have plans for a 2nd Lazy River in their stage 2 expansion!!!

I have spun this off from the thread talking about 21st Century Fox World being built in Malaysia. The topic of Universal Singapore came up and I mentioned how I had been planning to visit both it and the adjacent Adventure Cove waterpark. I have had a good look at the offering at this waterpark and while it is relatively small-ish, the standard of attractions is impressive. In particular, they have a rather decent lazy river; it certainly blows Wet 'n' Wild Sydney's river out of the water. From the park map below you can see it basically chugs around a large part of the park, through tunnels and various theming elements and past various marine life displays (I bet they don't need a thousand lifeguards to monitor it either). All of the attractions are also surrounded with lush tropical landscaping. It's neat!

I got a chance to meet up with the Assistant Director of Operations for Universal Studios Singapore and Adventure Cove Water Park in October. When there he was able to show a college and i the ins and outs of how these properties operate and its a very tight and well managed operation.

Having come from a Hard Rides and Water Park background i can clarify your statement in regards to staffing for a Lazy river of there size and design is extremely high. It runs on close to 30 lifeguards to ensure all areas of the attraction are validated. The complex layout of the attraction means that there are more positions required to ensure all areas are validated and the guards can reach a rescue within a certain period of time (That time frame can vary depending on the certification and standards set by the local society/authority for water safety within there area)