Wet'n'Wild Sydney Reaches Capacity

GoGoBoy

Naturally, we'll see many people booing the park for reaching capacity, whereas - like we saw with Las Vegas, reaching capacity on what is really it's first big day now that school holidays are in is a good sign, and proof that all those retards whinging about the cost of a season pass, and how they were going to 'boycott' the park were nothing to worry about.

988784_581766305227969_911963929_n.jpg

Despite whatever teething problems the park is having or will have - I think this image has 'success' written all over it.

Naturally, we'll see many people booing the Despite whatever teething problems the park is having or will have - I think this image has 'success' written all over it.

Indeed. There was never any doubt. Those people whinging were just using a sad tactic to try and get the park to reduce the price. They'll all still go anyway

this is a great concern to us as I stated previously we hired a 12 seater bus and borrowed a soccer mums 8 seater plus my wifes car hire tolls an fuel just for bus and wifes car was just under 300 bucks our sons mates chipped in a little and we covered the rest, now upon our arrival if the full house sign would have been up you can bet I would have been angry and demanded to see management we had 24 in our group 1 hour 20 min travel from central coast 3 weeks of organising with kids parents, clearing it with school to use bus bay to pick up and drop kids it was all rather logistical. about 10 kids had season passes and the others had single day admission, what I didnt ask is with single day admission is the ticket for a specified day ? we are going again on the 27th dec 2 cars 8 kids ane we know have to ring prior to leaving. note: we contacted wet n wild via email prior to 17th dec visit letting them know our group and date without response as we noticed some info on web site about groups of 20 or more. my questions to other forum members are do you think our group of 24 would have been turned away if full house considering the above ? if so do you think they would have compensated us for above mentioned travel costs ? oh just remembered what about the boy who was moving interstate who could only attend that day ? Should a wet n wild representative be invited to address this forums members concerns and questions

What do you want WnW to do though? If the park is at capacity, it doesn't matter if it's the only day they can go, or how far you've driven. It doesn't matter if it's only one person or a group of 20. It's full, that's it. The only thing they can do is admit people as others leave, and you'd have to accept that you might be waiting for hours to get in. Not trying to be a dick but seriously, what should the park do in that situation?

And to add further to that If my partner and I rocked up and were told we couldn't go in due to a full house and you rocked up in a bus/mini van and got let in due to the number in your group - I'd be pretty annoyed and want to speak to management. It's all or nothing there should be no preferential treatment for anymore. 1 out, 1 in - just wait your turn like everyone else

...snip...

Attempting to format this so it's readable....

This is a great concern to us.

As I stated previously, we hired a 12 seater bus and borrowed a soccer mums 8 seater, plus my wife's car. Hire, tolls and fuel just for the bus and wife's car was just under 300 bucks.

Our sons mates chipped in a little and we covered the rest. Upon our arrival, if the full house sign would have been up you can bet I would have been angry and demanded to see management. We had 24 in our group, there was 1 hour 20 min travel from central coast, 3 weeks of organising with kids' parents, clearing it with school to use bus bay to pick up and drop off kids. It was all rather logistical.

About 10 kids had season passes and the others had single day admission. What I didn't ask is with single day admission is the ticket for a specified day ?

We are going again on the 27th, 2 cars, 8 kids and we know have to ring prior to leaving.

Note: We contacted Wet N Wild via email prior to our visit on Dec 17th letting them know our group and date without response as we noticed some info on web site about groups of 20 or more.

My questions to other forum members are:

1: Do you think our group of 24 would have been turned away if full house considering the above ?

1a: If so do you think they would have compensated us for above mentioned travel costs ?

2: Oh just remembered what about the boy who was moving interstate who could only attend that day ?

3: Should a wet n wild representative be invited to address this forums members concerns and questions?

1: I would hope so. Why should you be treated any better/differently to any other person that wanted to get in that day? If the park is at capacity, then it's at it's safe capacity (debatable if that's already too many people). It's not at "safe capacity + room for 24 more people who may or may not have traveled some distance without thinking the park may get full".

1a: If anything, they should laugh at your demands for such compensation. So you would have failed to think the park could reach capacity, failed to make a simple phone call to check, decided out of your own free will to drive for 2 hours only to then somehow blame management for your lack of preparation? What's wrong with you?

2: That's a shame. If only there was some form of water-based entertainment in other parts of the country, or even some way you could strap yourself into a large, possibly metal contraption, travel at great velocity through the skies before returning to the ground and completing the rest of the journey in some other human transport device back to the park.

3: Should they? Sure, why not? Should any person with an interest in theme parks be invited to join this forum? Sure, why not? Should there be any one person tasked with sending said invites? No. It's a free country (mostly) and anyone is free to invite anyone anywhere. .....so feel free to invite an employee to the site, or just wait for some of the existing ones to speak.....or you know, call them, speak to them via social media, email them, ask in person next time you're there.....

Edited by reanimated35

so organized coach loads of 50 people will be turned away, again I ask "single day admission ticket holders is it for a certain day". im sure if was not offically school holidays as it was on the 17th a day were some schools had broken up and some hadnt, very busy that day and a school coached turned up from newcastle with 50 students eager to get wet and the full house sign was up, and they got turned away you would see the school featured soon on some current affairs show coach charters are 1200 plus per day for 8 hrs lack or preparation um we rang them without a result we emailed them without response, so I think we did our best to contact them and let them know we were coming on the 17th anyway I not here to be attacked by others If you are a parent and know how tight money is around this time 70 for daily admission plus travel and food another 40 say and you child returned 4 hrs later and told you that they were denied entry im sure you would be very upset especially when the parent organising the trip did all they could to contact the park and let them know about the 20 plus group attending 2 kids in my sons class went without xmas presents for the chance to come I really feel theres no need to be so rude about a concern I raised

snip

Can you please make your posts readable? A little formatting goes a long way.

So organized coach loads of 50 people will be turned away? The key word here being "organised". They would contact the park, say "hey, we're bringing a bus of 50 people to the park today, please reserve that amount of room for us to attend". Done

Again I ask "single day admission ticket holders is it for a certain day"? *Looks at name of website* Nope, still on Parkz.com.au, not Wet N Wild's website.

I'm sure if was not officially school holidays as it was on the 17th a day were some schools had broken up and some hadn't, very busy that day and a school coached turned up from Newcastle with 50 students eager to get wet and the full house sign was up, and they got turned away you would see the school featured soon on some current affairs show. Maybe. Those shows will bitch about anything and everything. Doesn't mean it's the parks' fault though. There's a safety cap for a reason. As it is soon we'll probably be seeing posts on here saying "oh noes the park is too full and it's busy and the lines were long, etc"

Coach charters are 1200 plus per day for 8 hrs Cool story bro.

Edited by reanimated35

I honestly think they need some sort of way to pre-book days for both single passes and season passes.

That sounds like a horrible idea.

Here's a really simple tip to people who don't want to be denied entry due to capacity:

Get there early.

How hard is that?

Edited by Keegs

At least they're putting it up on FB to see, and utilise some of the traffic boards to update people of the situation both today and yesterday boards of cumberland highway and great western highway (near Eastern Creek/Rooty Hill) say that wnw carpark is full, avoid area, use pt if possible and they've hired some of those trailer signs as well just before reservoir road/prospect highway in both directions. I spose I'm lucky that I got my 3 visits in... things are getting hectic.

That sounds like a horrible idea.

I seem to remember universal studios Singapore doing the exact same thing when they first opened and look at what the granddaddy of theme parks is bringing in.MThe new system allows you to book in advance your whole holiday. Select the day you are going, select your fast passes. Book seats at the live showsand restaurants, (even reserve you roar add spot) online weeks (even months in some instances) before your day comes to visit. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/ While I don't see our parks ever getting busy enough to warrant this, maybe wet n wild sydney could have sold passes for specific dates. Davetherave, they don't close the park for the fun of it. I'm sure they would love more people in the gates. More people=more money. It is a safety issue - nothing else! If I was one of the other parents and you complained to a poor staff member at the entry to let the group in even if they were over capacity.. And then my kid drowned in the pool because the park was already over capacity... I'm pretty sure I would be more pissed at you, then I would be at the park had they not let me in. Maybe during these busy times the park could post something on its wall advising of closures due to capacity, But not every reads this. Like Keegs said (and the best tip for visiting any park) get there as early as humanly possible to avoid disappointment, Edited by aussienetman

What's happened here is… after last night's traffic chaos due to the early closure, there would be pressure from the police on WNW to ensure that this does not occur again. This, combined with the closure of various rides today would have resulted in WNW calling capacity earlier than they normally would have.

If I'm wrong, then they will call capacity every day from 27 December to 27 Jan.

Because, as others have said, even though the Park has just opened, the period before Christmas will be the quiet before the storm. Trust me...

I'll be spending my Christmas money checking out the Hair Raiser & holiday rides at LPS and then save my visit for WNW for a February weekday!

Wow, just wow I don't come on for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. Dave the Rave I'm a bit confused possibly because it's 1am, did you get in or not? If not I suggest next time you plan to arrive before opening time to ensure you all get in. I've been reading their Facebook page with amusement, all these people whinging and whining about the park getting to capacity or having to queue for a slide or the park having to cease operation due to an electrical storm. It just makes me laugh, if anyone didn't expect the park to reach capacity by now they are deluded. Ranger Dude, what pressure from the Police? It's not WnW's fault an electrical storm came through the area (and it won't be the last). Yes the traffic management was lacking but there is only so much you can do when thousands of people all leave at the same time, if I was there I would of hung around as long as possible inside then sat in my car until most of the idiots had left. "The Bus is now leaving for Storm King Dam, Queensland"

This is 2013! How dare you apply reason and logic to a situation!!!!

Sorry I will change my attitude and become a complete moron, I might then also have a chance at becoming a politician. I saw this on Facebook, Wet n Wild Sydney memes - https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=579693928768540 didn't take long did it. Mods maybe it would be worth splitting this thread now that the park is open. "The Bus is now leaving for Memel, NSW"

I don't think the park hitting capacity in it's first month of operation - even consistently - is not an appropriate comparison to the success or failure of Wonderland.

Theres a few other things to take into account -

1. Wonderland wasn't JUST a waterpark operating 6 months of the year.
  2. Slides cost significantly less to maintain and operate
  3. Wonderland was almost 20 years old and the lustre had rubbed off the park... let's see how this park is in 19 years time.

There were other factors contributing to Wonderland's closure that weren't directly attributable to 'the market not being there' also.