How busy are the Gold Coast parks?

Hendo

Hello everyone,

My family and I are heading to the Gold Coast in 2 weeks time for 2 weeks at the parks. We have VIP tickets and also Dreamworld/WWW Holiday World passes (the 28 day ones). We usually go every second year in either February or March and enjoy the parks during their quieter times.

We know it's going to be pretty busy up there and my request is that if there are people going to the parks over the next 2 weeks, could they post on here how busy it is each day and perhaps ride waiting times. It doesn't matter which park as we will be going to them all a number of times.

Thank you in advance.

You'll probably expecting queues for all rides at all the parks. Obviously the major rides at the parks will have the longest queues. I would recommend that you try to get on all the major attractions first. Here are my recommendations
Movie World: When you arrive at the park go line up at Arkham Asylum (When I last went when the ride queue is full it was a 2hr wait). Then go to Superman Escape, this line shouldn't be to long, maybe about 15 - 25 minutes depending on how busy the park is. Then Green Lantern, batwing and justice league. Depending on queue lines you may want to see one of the shows. After lunch do Scooby Doo and Wild West Falls. Then if you want another show and the kids rides.
Dreamworld: If you have a pass then I would recommend going on a weekend as the park opens an hour earlier for pass holders only. Usually Buzz Saw, TOT2, Claw and Shockwave are the rides that will be open. Try and do all of the rides that are open early. Then do the river rapids and/or log ride. Then other thrill rides. I may be time for lunch, but if not go to the animals. And then do the other rides.
Sea World: I would recommend going on the rides (Storm, Vikings, Jet Rescue and Sea Viper) first. Then do all of the shows and animal attractions. You could then either go on rides you haven't been on yet or go on some again.
Wet n Wild: Go to AquaLoop and Constrictor first as these are popular and can have quite long queues as the day continues. Then the Surfrider. Then H2O Zone. It doesn't matter what order you do these as they are all popular and can get real busy. Mammoth Falls usually has a long wait, especially in peak season, sometimes it goes all the way down the stairs.
White Water World: I would recommend Hydro Coaster first as that is always the busiest and longest queue ride. Do the rest of the rides on that tower and then go to the RIP and BRO tower. Followed by the final tower.
All the parks will be busy, so I would recommend doing the rides in the order I have recommend. That is just my opinion though, other people may recommend other orders. I would seriously recommend that if you have a Dreamworld pass try to go on a weekend and get there by 9am, so you get to go on half a dozen rides before the gates open. You will have to expect queues for all rides so try and be smart about when you go on certain rides. Maybe try and have lunch a little earlier so that you beat those queues and so while everyone else is having lunch the queues should be a little shorter. Really it is up to you. All parks will be busy and major rides at the parks will have queues at least an hour long. I would expect that the longest you could wait would be 2 hours, but that could change. Have a great time at the parks.

For WnW...Do constrictor first no matter what and then the green river rapids slides next no matter what. Kamikaze and Tornado and Black Hole are good to do next. Mammoth falls and super 8 can wait due to higher capacity. Jet Streams (freefall) seem to be ok with queues due to their fearsome nature. For the sidewinders, use the right hand slide and queue there. ..always quieter.