What to expect in at the parks in 2014?

gdalby96

Sea World - work continues on Wild. Opening date pushed back to 2037.

Wet n Wild - Park begins 'attraction swapping' like Six Flags. The GC gets a second constrictor from Sydney to handle demand, Sydney gets more polite locals from the GC to ease pressure on Gate Staff when the park hits capacity.

Movie World - Work at last begins to install a coaster into the Western Show Stage.

Dreamworld - Introduces a new paint colour called "cover up the dilapidated wood rot on all our 30 year old buildings that are lacking in good maintenance except for Dreamworks or we'll lose the licensing agreement purple"

Aussie World will introduce another small, low budget, but still solid attraction that will see a continued increase in guest numbers, satisfaction, and interest from the enthusiast community. Clive palmer will try to buy it, and the entire upper balcony of the Ettamogah Pub will give him the finger.

Adventure World will ride the wave of their massive 2013 installation, but may announce something a little smaller to fit with the currently empty wallet once their massive attendance increase has been accounted for in the till.

Jamberoo will continue to plod along with their master plan, installing slides as planned for the past 7 years, completely oblivious to the 'at capacity' waterpark over an hour away.

Scenic World will continue to talk about re-engineering the Orphan Rocker 'someday'. Will instead come up with a fourth transport ride to take you into over the same valley you've already seen from 3 different angles. Pinksmile will find a way to gain access to the counterweight, and will chain himself to it in protest.

Luna Park Sydney will consider building a permanent attraction behind coney island - will instead introduce 8 different flats for the year - only during school holidays.

Luna Park Melbourne will introduce 2 new flats, and will announce the refurbishment of the entire Melbourne metropolitan area by Mack Rides.

In broader waterpark news - VRTP will announce a Wet N Wild for every state and territory in Australia - including the Australian Antarctic Territory. All parks hit capacity in their first three months despite being labelled 'ripoffs' by locals. Ardent reduces WWW park capacity to 500 people. Hits capacity 4 times in January.

As for the big 'two' corporations - VRTP continue to produce outstanding attractions and extremely good value for money with even more christmas and hallowe'en events, and a new 'christmas in july event'. Ardent announces passholders will now get free entry to SkyDeck all year round - attendance remains unchanged.

In other news, Sea World applies to the Gold Coast City Council for a relaxation of height restrictions, so that they can make the 'no entry' gate next to the retail plaza even higher, WetnWild announces that fat people do in fact ride waterslides, releasing a fact sheet so that people know that other large guests have already been on it without embarassment, Movie World reduces it's height restrictions to the same limits placed by the manufacturers, in line with worldwide standards - and also removes unnecessary restraint redundancies and time consuming loading procedures. They also buy a second train for Arkham Asylum. Dreamworld hires scuba divers to repaint the captain sturt - which will be by then resting gently on the bottom of the murrisippi.

• 3 weeks later...

Dreamworld hires scuba divers to repaint the captain sturt - which will be by then resting gently on the bottom of the murrisippi.

We'll it may not be repainting, but it seems Alex was right about something being done this year with the captain sturt. This appeared on Facebook. A very sad day. I am honestly surprised though that it got to a point where they decided to pull it apart than rather let it collapse on its own accord.

post-128-0-68297200-1390088690_thumb.jpg

Edited by T-bone

They extended it at some point?

Also the "yellow stuff" looks like normal wear and tear on the mountain - going to happen when it's been around that long in the weather.

What wires are you speaking of? - Actually it looks like those poles sticking out used to hold up part of the mountain before it was modified.

This photo I found is one of mine from somewhere late 2010

I'll be heading back to the park in a few weeks and taking my camera with me, I'll get some up to date shots of as much as I can (not just of eureka but the park in general)

post-2613-0-53001700-1390119715_thumb.jp

Edited by reanimated35