Top 9 Theme Parks in the World.

Bussy

That list is ridiculous. The fact that Dreamworld is on there is ridiculous, same with Ocean Park. And though I can't say much for it since I haven't been to it, I doubt Everland deserves a ranking that high. Universal Orlando should definitely be on it as well.

I could go on, but basically it's a crap list.

From the Gold Coast Bulletin today:

post-2117-0-75252200-1388700686_thumb.pn

Dreamworld claims 4th spot in travel company Adioso's list of the world's best theme parks

FORGET Euro Disney and Sea World San Diego.

You can visit one of the world's best theme parks without leaving the Gold Coast.

Online travel company Adioso has rated Dreamworld on the Gold Coast No.4 in a list of the world's best theme parks, beating some of the planet's most ­famous attractions.

Dutch venue Efteling Park tops the list, with Dreamworld slotting in just behind Orlando's Walt Disney World (third).

According to the list, Dreamworld made the cut due to its variety of attractions on offer, ranging from thrill rides to the family-friendly Wiggles, Dreamworx and native animal attractions.

Combined with the fun next door at sister park WhiteWater World, Dreamworld made a compelling case, according to Adioso co-founder Tom Howard.

"People in America and Europe love Australia and they love Australian culture and experiences," he said.

"There is the opportunity to experience all that at Dreamworld."

Adioso is an Australiancompany, but the list was compiled by the group's US and European divisions.

Dreamworld chief executive Craig Davidson was ­delighted to see the park named in the same bracket as some of the world's premier tourist attractions.

"We strive to offer a world class experience at Dreamworld and to be acknowledged in such esteemed company is fantastic for all the park's hardworking staff," he said.

Dreamworld finished ahead of Hong Kong's famous Ocean Park (7th) and even theme park giant Disneyland at Anaheim, which rounded out the top 10.

The honour continues a run of accolades for Dreamworld, which has just been named the state's best major tourist attraction at the Queensland tourism awards.

Tiger Island has won numerous international awards.

The Adioso listing comes as all Gold Coast theme parks count the riches of a stellar start to summer.

WORLD'S TOP 10 THEME PARKS

1. Efteling, Netherlands

2. Everland Resort, South Korea

3. Walt Disney World, USA

4. Dreamworld, Australia

5. Europa Park, Germany

6. Busch Gardens, USA

7. Ocean Park, Hong Kong

8. Six Flags Magic Mountain, USA

9. Wisconsin Dells, USA

10. Disneyland, USA

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/dreamworld-claims-4th-spot-in-travel-company-adiosos-list-of-the-worlds-best-theme-parks/story-fnj94hgr-1226794091128

Stuff like this just encourages them to continue with the bad direction the park is taking at the moment. Maybe in it's infancy and if the park continued with the same original direction, sure, it certainly was the Disneyland of Australia, but today? It's disgusting to even think that the park is being promoted as better than Disneyland...

I agree Paul... but the general public won't have a clue unless they've been there.

Convenient that this list was compiled by an Australian based company - even if they claim their overseas divisions handled the compilation.

I dare say there is some cash for comment going on here.

They haven't been acknowledged for that Zacsta, They have been elevated WELL ABOVE where they should be by any independent poll. For them to rank this high is enough to prove something dodgy is going on.

Although I don't think they rank top 20, if they were top 20 it would raise less eyebrows... but FOURTH??? it just doesn't cut it.

This is really laughable. Nobody can seriously believe this? I mean, you don't even have to visit overseas parks to know that Dreamworld doesn't even make the top 50. Hell, it's probably only just the fourth best park in the country, and with the way Adventure World is going it may not even get that.

Yeah pretty much a joke, Should be 1. Tokyo DisneySea 2. Tokyo Disneyland 3. Disneyland 4. Islands of Adventure (only for Harry Potter) 5. Magic Kingdom 6. Magic Mountain 7. California Adventure 8. Epcot/Hollywood Studios 9. Disneyland Paris 10. Movie World (only because I love it)

I also don't think that Dreamworld should be on that list, but I can see why they have put it there because of there reasoning. Dreamworld is the best family park on the coast. It has plenty of rides for all ages. However the park does need a make over so it doesn't look like it's falling to pieces and a few of the attractions need replacing or fixing. I wouldn't put it on the list, but I wasn't making it. It is just a few peoples opinion.

Agreed Gazza. Europa Park is on my must do list and looks absolutely amazing. Perhaps Alton Towers should be close to Top 10?? Canada's Wonderland also??

Having visited Europa last year I can say that yes - it does indeed deserve its spot on the list. It's a stunning park with a great array of rides, great food and nice theming. It's the best theme park I've been to, though I've never visited a Disney park.

Having visited Alton Towers in 2012 I can say that (at least in my opinion) it's really not as good as it looks. I honestly found Thorpe Park to be much nicer.

And I can't really say anything of Canada's Wonderland though, but it does look like one of the nicer Cedar Fair parks.

Having visited Europa last year I can say that yes - it does indeed deserve its spot on the list. It's a stunning park with a great array of rides, great food and nice theming. It's the best theme park I've been to, though I've never visited a Disney park. Having visited Alton Towers in 2012 I can say that (at least in my opinion) it's really not as good as it looks. I honestly found Thorpe Park to be much nicer. And I can't really say anything of Canada's Wonderland though, but it does look like one of the nicer Cedar Fair parks.

Ohhhhh you have to do yourself a favour and get out to Disneyland. The theming is beyond anything else I have experienced. And it's so clean and not to mention the beauty of the gardens