Future dreamworld plans?

themeparklover

Hey guys, I want you to have your say on good future plans for dreamworld.

I think maybe a new roller coaster in Blue Lagoon, a family roller coaster would be the best choice for a roller coaster and not make it the coaster short like they normally do and it should have strong theming with like stuff everywhere themed to the ride.

So what do u think? Have your say!

Edited by themeparklover

Like i. But hopefully dreamworld has the Smarts to Save their money and and go out with a bang one year, but 99.99% sure If ever Australia gets A B&M, dreamworld would not be the park to introduce one. we can only wish PS. Love the Theme even could add the Vampire Theme To it (Gothic/Spooky theme) "Jack" buzzsaw Spooky type theme is not cutting it.

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Hey guys, I want you to have your say on good future plans for dreamworld.

I think maybe a new roller coaster in Blue Lagoon, a wing rider would be the best choice for a roller coaster and not make it the coaster short like they normally do and it should have strong theming with like stuff everywhere themed to the ride. if I had a choice for storyline, it would be "flying with bats''.

So what do u think? Have your say!

You really expect them to fit in a full size B&M Wing Coaster in the space taken up by Blue Lagoon? Where can we get some of the crack you're on? You'd be lucky to fit the station and queue in there.

Like i. But hopefully dreamworld has the Smarts to Save their money and and go out with a bang one year, but 99.99% sure If ever Australia gets A B&M, dreamworld would not be the park to introduce one. we can only wish PS. Love the Theme even could add the Vampire Theme To it (Gothic/Spooky theme) "Jack" buzzsaw Spooky type theme is not cutting it.

Wouldn't need a theme if Aus ever got a full size B&M - stick it in any park, and people will flock to it and not give two shits about what it looks like around it.

Please don't start the B&M debate again.

As mentioned thousands of times on here, DW should start marketing MDMC as a family coaster, repaint the park, fix the cyclone queue, fix or remove the paddle steamer, clean the lake, put water and sharks back under Wipeout, replace or remove the mine ride, theme the vintage cars and only then should they even consider adding another coaster to the Blue Lagoon area or anywhere else in the park.

Oh, B&M could easily make something to fit, these two in particular spring to mind as small footprint B&M's that could fit inside a park like Dreamworld. The problem is Ardent are absolute cheapskates so it nullifies the possibility of them investing wisely, instead investing frugally on "wow" factor that underwhelms like Buzzsaw.

As per what Gazza has gone into much detail in some other thread before this one, Gerstlauer could do amazing things to the Mine Ride spot. My money is on that as the next investment.

If I had to pick my favourite, I'd say throw a mega-lite in Blue Lagoon. However, given the fact that Movie World have Superman, and they'd need something to differentiate from that type of coaster, i'd do a compact Maverick-style coaster or even an Intamin Plug'n'Play Woodie like Everland's. If you could make that Intamin woodie do a barrel roll like all the other woodies are doing overseas, you'd be onto a winner.

Dæmonen was the one that sprung to my mind as well. Put it in the carpark for all I care. Honestly think a new theme park in Melbourne or Sydney is more likely than a big full-circuit coaster at Dreamworld anytime soon. Dreamworld are clearly targeting the Asian market with their Aussie animal and Aboriginal culture experiences, and apparently Asians don't care much for thrill rides.

Oh, B&M could easily make something to fit, these two in particular spring to mind as small footprint B&M's that could fit inside a park like Dreamworld.

B&M could make something fit, but I was talking (as the OP implied) a 'full size' coaster. To me that implies something the size of a standard Wing Coaster, Tatsu, Riddlers Revenge, Batman, etc.

How about a renovation for the Cyclone? I think that Cyclone is getting a bit old, and the tracks are wearing off. So they should change the coaster to a Premier Rides launched coaster like Full Throttle at SFMM and call it ''Cyclone Reloaded''

Don't u think that's a good idea?

Edited by themeparklover

How about a renovation for the Cyclone? I think that Cyclone is getting a bit old, and the tracks are wearing off. So they should change the coaster to a Premier Rides launched coaster like Full Throttle at SFMM and call it ''Cyclone Reloaded''

Yeah that would be a good idea, but I don't thinks dreamworld would do that. They just need to get a new train, repaint and fix the queue line (eg get rid of the horrible looking wind turbine thing in the exit.

apparently Asians don't care much for thrill rides.

I think you might be wrong.

SOME asians don't care for thrill rides - Disney did their research and concluded that the Hong Kong demographic didn't want thrill rides, which is why HKDL was built featuring more stage shows, character appearances and sedate family rides than most other disney parks. They later realised that catering to the hong kong demographic was stupid because most visitors to the park weren't from Hong Kong... They then expanded the park to include more thrilling rides and experiences.

No.

get rid of the horrible looking wind turbine thing in the exit.

I hate to break it to you - but that horrible looking wind turbine thing in the exit... USED TO BE THE ENTRANCE!!! :mind=blown.

...obviously another turbine.

another different turbine.

SOME asians don't care for thrill rides - Disney did their research and concluded that the Hong Kong demographic didn't want thrill rides, which is why HKDL was built featuring more stage shows, character appearances and sedate family rides than most other disney parks. They later realised that catering to the hong kong demographic was stupid because most visitors to the park weren't from Hong Kong... They then expanded the park to include more thrilling rides and experiences.

This is what I was getting at - there is a general assumption in the theme park industry that the Asian public prefer mild thrills and shows over more extreme rides. I'm not saying it's necessarily true, just putting it out there as a reason why Dreamworld would add experiences rather than rides.

If I were a money man, the 2014 "investment" plan for them probably looks like reversing the Cyclone train, calling it "Cyclone 2" with some sort of different themeing, and calling it a day.

That would actually be fun doing the cyclone backwards.

...obviously another turbine.

Cast your mind back to what the Cyclone queue USED to be. This is the one place in the park a turbine would actually benefit.

This is what I was getting at - there is a general assumption in the theme park industry that the Asian public prefer mild thrills and shows over more extreme rides. I'm not saying it's necessarily true, just putting it out there as a reason why Dreamworld would add experiences rather than rides.

I wonder why the asian market would be worth going after though, given they would have bigger parks closer to home.

I'd have though in the age of the VIP/World pass (And overloaded water parks in Sydney) it would very much be about driving visitation from locals screaming out for this sort of entertainment.

Unlike ToT2, where the forces all flow in the same direction, and the ride is just one long acceleration, in one direction before decelerating and going vertical, I don't think you could take a conventional coaster, and turn it backwards - the track would have been designed with forward facing riders in mind. I don't think the transitions or forces would be appropriate for a backwards facing train.

I could be wrong - it's only an opinion.

I also don't see them doing standup - it increases the rider envelope, and I think they've built a few things (headchoppers etc) too close for a standup to be viable.

Unlike ToT2, where the forces all flow in the same direction, and the ride is just one long acceleration, in one direction before decelerating and going vertical, I don't think you could take a conventional coaster, and turn it backwards - the track would have been designed with forward facing riders in mind. I don't think the transitions or forces would be appropriate for a backwards facing train. I could be wrong - it's only an opinion. I also don't see them doing standup - it increases the rider envelope, and I think they've built a few things (headchoppers etc) too close for a standup to be viable.

Heaps of coasters have run backwards...Indiana Jones in Paris, a couple of the SF batman clones, Swarm at Thorpe had the back two rows reversed, Hollywood Dream at Universal Japan has a backwards train option, Mr Freeze reverse blast at SFoT, Collosus at SFMM has a backwards option during Haloween. All I can think of for now.

i remember back on the late 90's/early 00's I went to dream world and th mine carts were running and the tower of terror went forward and the cyclone was new and the ride queue was inside.

Those were the good days.

They need to do something with the mine cart ride. I kind of think of it as Dream Worlds Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road.

I dont know why Australian theme parks dont think these kind of rides are worth investing in. Disney builds rides like this all over the world and they are extremely popular.

i still think that Disney should buy Dream world and convert it into a Disneyland.

You already have a river with a boat, you already have train tracks, you already have a frontier land, you have tonnes of land around to expand into and you can take all the themepark business in the goldcoast for yourself. nock down all the buildings and build a castle and a main street put mickey mouse in there and say hello to at least 5 million visitors a year.

Dreamworld was originally built to be a Disney like park in Australia. What's left of the original buildings are based on Disney. Like the entry, cinema, Main street train station. While other Disney like attractions are left to rot like the Paddle Steamer and The avalanche mountain got demolished for yet another out of place ride ( Motorcoaster being another out of place ride that destroyed even more of the "Disney" feel Dreamworld used to have when John Longhest owed the place>)

I would like Dreamworld to fix any of the buildings, which are falling apart. They also need to:

- Get a new train for the Cyclone. And fix the theming in the exit area.

- Replace Mine ride

- Provide some theming to the vintage cars. Eg. A tunnel, some old machines, etc.

- Put in place a system which cleans the water in the lake. or fix the boat.

- Add another tower with a couple of slides in www.

- Get rid of the dinosaur/rhino (what ever it is) and the stupid mushrooms on the log ride. There is no point to it.

- Bring back the chair lift.

- Add a camera to the giant drop. why have nearly ever ride take a photo, except that one.

- Move the camera on the river rapids. Only 1st time tourists want the photo taken at the start. They could put it just before the rapids section and have one on each side so everyone gets a photo.

- Add water and bring back shark to wipeout.