Sydney Wet n Wild | Can I sell my wrist band? |

swagjord

Hello , I'm pointing out that we don't actually represent and parks and I'm moving from my desk to my fridge for a drink while I type this...... and I'm back. Now I was wondering if you could actually either read your T&C's from the pass that you've bought, or, now this one may come as a shock to you, you might want to sit down for this, contact the park directly and ask them.

My computer desk chair.

Wet'n'Wild Sydney Pty Ltd (ABN: 94 079 214 127) trading as Wet’n’Wild Sydney

427 Reservoir Rd Prospect, NSW 2148 Australia

Bookings & Info: 13 33 86 New Zealand: 0800 123 FUN

General Enqiuries contact@wetnwildsydney.com.au Account/Ticketing Enqiuries tickets@wetnwildsydney.com.au Guest Services guestservices@wetnwildsydney.com.au Group Bookings groupbookings@vrtp.com.au Media Enquiries media@wetnwildsydney.com.au

Mrs Krabappel the orange crayon hurt my eyes. Wow, just wow, this thread is all kinds of special. Reanimated, where do you get off providing useful information that is freely available on the internet? That new fangled Google search thingy is so silly as is the Wet'nWild Sydney website (even if it is actually crap). Swagjord as a New South Welshman born and bred I thank you. "The Bus is now leaving for another State, I don't care which one but I'm going as quick as I can to drop of my one and only passenger"

Step 1: Buy a Gold Pass

Step 2: Visit Wet n Wild, and sell to a friend

Step 3: Friend visits wet n wild and sells to next friend.

Step 4: This Friend visits wet n wild and sells to another friend.

Step 5: Repeat all season

Step 6: Fifty People visit WnW for $129.....Problem, VRTP?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gazza

I'm guessing he was too fat to ride Aqualoop?

The mybands have a photo on them - i guess it's how closely the gate attendants are paying attention.

Of course, since the park has stopped selling season passes, and now only has day tickets available, maybe some people think that others will pay big bucks for a season pass?

Confirmed - the first listing ($200 for one gold pass) I looked at mentions prominently that you cannot buy the passes from the park anymore. Interestingly, it also states:

NO RUST OR TONING , OR ANY MARKS CREASES , UNLESS STATED IN LISTING

Bid carefully shoppers... you don't want to buy a second hand season pass with rust on it!!!

Second listing - $300 for 2x silver passes

Third - $240 for 1x silver pass... (this one comes with free delivery! BARGAIN!)

Fourth one is best value - a gold pass for $200

"and they allow you to pass the monster queues at the entrance all Summer long"

Fifth - gold pass for $150... this guy appears to just want to get his money back, rather than profiteering on it - and even goes so far as to mention all the opening dates for th epark for the rest of the season... seems legit.

Sixth - gold pass (with $40 credit on it) for $240... if it has credit on it, i'm inclined to think that it has already been registered, but the listing says it hasn't.. sold by the same guy selling number 4... interesting.

So - in a nutshell - if you have registered the pass, have your 'myband' and had your photo taken, you can't transfer it. You can however sell the 'ticket' to someone else before you register it. Given Swagjord says he has a wristband, that tells me it's registered, and therefore in his case, the answer is no.

swagjord - no Now was that so hard guys?

So - in a nutshell - if you have registered the pass, have your 'myband' and had your photo taken, you can't transfer it. You can however sell the 'ticket' to someone else before you register it. Given Swagjord says he has a wristband, that tells me it's registered, and therefore in his case, the answer is no.

The problem is, while these are the obvious and most likely correct answers, we, not being reps of the park and not being in positions of authority at the park (positions that can be verified apart from you just saying so on here) can't guarantee that this is the answer the park will provide.

They may be feeling generous to his situation when he asks them, they may want to please some guests after the bad PR they've had in recent weeks, maybe they'll just tell him to gtfo and it's too bad.

The point is, only the people in here who have told him to contact the park are the only ones providing useful information to his situation.

They may be feeling generous to his situation when he asks them, they may want to please some guests after the bad PR they've had in recent weeks,

<snip>

The point is, only the people in here who have told him to contact the park are the only ones providing useful information to his situation.

They may be, but the terms and conditions printed on the ticket and accompanying the pass say that once registered, the season pass is not transferrable or redeemable for cash. The T&Cs for our parks are pretty common knowledge, and standard terms of use with most organisations won't refund a product once used (unless defective).

Your statement that only your reply provided "useful information" (because you're the only one who told him to call the park) is incorrect - firstly because although not 'official' everyone else's advice is on the 'right track' and is the generally accepted view of the park's T&C's... therefore it IS useful because it gives him an idea of the park's likely response.

Secondly - my reply at least addressed the question seriously and logically, explaining why the answer was no, instead of being couched in sarcasm. Just because members here are (or are not) employees of the park, doesn't mean that the cannot express an opinion, view, or provide advice, and doesn't mean that anything they do offer isn't helpful.

Personally I believe that the answers by Westical and Myself were far more courteous and helpful than yours. The fact that we didn't post contact details (including for New Zealand - WTF?) is irrelevant given you had already posted them. We were simply adding to the discussion and providing further, less sarcastic, more helpful advice.

1- The T&Cs for our parks are pretty common knowledge, and standard terms of use with most organisations won't refund a product once used (unless defective).

2- Personally I believe that the answers by Westical and Myself were far more courteous and helpful than yours.

3- The fact that we didn't post contact details (including for New Zealand - WTF?) is irrelevant given you had already posted them. We were simply adding to the discussion and providing further, less sarcastic, more helpful advice.

1- Yes the T&C are pretty standard and likely to be followed, but there's always the possibility that they can be overruled.

2- There is no question whatsoever that your replies were more courteous than mine. That fact was never up for question.

3- The contact details were taken straight from the WNWS page - I guess they are expecting a fairly decent showing from NZ. (Which you'd think they'd also target other markets - Asia, UK, USA etc - so it would make more sense - to me anyway - that they put an "international" number rather than one just targeted for NZ)

post-2613-0-77899300-1389249434_thumb.jp

1- Yes the T&C are pretty standard and likely to be followed, but there's always the possibility that they can be overruled.

There's always the possibility that Dreamworld will actually do something without expectation of profit too.... shahh... and monkeys might fly outta my butt.

As DjRappa said, he asked a question on an unofficial website, and he got several unofficial answers. Sure - the park may in their discretion do something against their own T&Cs, but that becomes dangerous... the minute you do something against your own rules, you show people that the rules don't have to be followed in each and every case - that enlivens the expectation that if they want the rules changed for them, it will happen too. All they have to do is complain loudly enough - again - entitlement complexes.

It's a refund on change of circumstance. Sure - he's moving, and i'm very sorry that he seems to have wasted his money on the pass, but he committed to purchasing a season pass on the basis he wasn't moving, and given he has his MyBand, he has most likely visited the park at least once. His circumstances changed - why should the park lose revenue that they've already 'booked' just because he won't be able to use the pass again? He has used it, and benefited from it - does that just become a 'free entry'? No - he's used it. Charge him a single day admission and give him the difference back? That's possible I suppose, but not really worth pursuing, is it?

If the park changes their policy on such matters - sure - but so far, they haven't suggested anything different to normal operations with normal entry terms and conditions - and that is the answer we gave him.

Wet'n'Wild issued this statement earlier in the week:

Wet'n'Wild Sydney sold out of 2013/2014 Season Passes in December. We are aware that some MyBands/Season Passes are being sold on third party websites and we strongly discourage the purchase through these sites. MyBands/Season Passes are non-transferable and in most cases we are unable to admit guests who make purchases through these third party sites. Similarly sharing of MyBands/Season Passes at the front gate is a violation of the terms & conditions of purchase and may result in the MyBand/Season Pass to be confiscated and blocked without refund.