Jlindsell

Dreamworld New Ride September 2014

94 posts in this topic

I have under extremely good authority from a large construction company in Brisbane that Dreamworld will be installing a new thrill ride to replace Reef Diver in September. The company has been booked in to commence work in July due for completion at the end of August. I'll do some more digging as to what type of ride it will be in the next few weeks. What would you like to see?

They most likey will be destroying more of what's left of classic Dreamworld and building another out of place ride that spins around. It will be built on a budget and will break down regularly, even after just being maintained. Whatever it is I doubt it is anything that will get me to buy a new pass like a GOOD rollercoaster or Mine Ride replacement.

I was told by by four people within Dreamworld that they were replacing reef diver and also getting a full length roller coaster this year. it seems as though the first part is right so hopefully the roller coaster part is to.

I was told by by four people within Dreamworld that they were replacing reef diver and also getting a full length roller coaster this year. it seems as though the first part is right so hopefully the roller coaster part is to.

I really hope this is true then. If there is going to be a coaster I hope it features something the Gold Coast hasn't seen before.

I have it on good authority from one of Dreamworld’s most reliable hot dog vendors that they’ve secured the old Metropolis from Luna Park Melbourne. It’s likely to be an up-charge attraction and its theming will invoke a travelling carnival in an era before the advent of modern occupational health and safety standards. I can't wait!

the roller coaster part might be off who knows but so far what I have been told is right. obviously I'm not going to say who my sources are but they are people who would know.

I don't think dreamworld would get a skyscreamer because they have already got a tower ride and the sword swing in the dreamworks area.

Which tower ride is in the Dreamworks area?

Unless you are referring to Giant Drop, which is silly because basically every park with a skyscreamer/starflyer has a drop tower anyway (Eg SFOT has Superman Tower of Power, Cedar Point has Power Tower, Kings Island has Drop Tower: Scream Zone, Grona Lund has Fritt Fall yada yada yada.

People that try and say star flyers are the same as drop towers are as bad as the people who try and say flying coasters and inverted coasters are the same.

but they need to otherwise there aren't many rides in ocean parade.

Never thought I'd hear the day when somebody said that Ocean Parade needed more flat rides :P

Edited by Gazza

Well if I read their last annual report correctly they had roughly $100m available in one of their loans they could use, but I doubt they'd touch it, especially with only a couple of years until maturity.

Shouldn't make a difference, they'll just refinance it.

I was referring to the giant drop gazza

I still don't see how they are similar though. One freefalls, the other one spins around.

It's like saying TOT and Motocoaster are the same because they both launch you, and they both run along a track.

Edited by Gazza