Last Hollywood Stunt Driver show today

MickeyD

Hey peeps

sadly today is the last Hollywood stunt driver show in it's current format with a cast and crew hired by WBMW - moving forward the show will be ran by outside contractors. A sad day today for those people who are looking for work - it's not exactly an industry offering many full time opportunities.

I can't say I'm an admirer of many HR decisions made within the Village workplace in recent times, it seems that the Bean counters have been given free roam of the place..

Anyways, best of luck to the crew of the show and in your future endeavours

A bit of retheming has happened with the Arena so far too. No more italian rally posters. The building the car comes out from at the end of the show has an "Eastside Gym" sign on it. The Parking station is now done up like a 50s Garage. One of the shops on the left hand wall is now like a Retro 50s diner....It's looking very Californian.

Edited by Gazza

Movieworld website states:

The Hollywood Stunt Driver show is closed to make way for an exciting new show coming soon!

In saying that though it also says:

Don’t miss the brand new show ‘FMX OVERDRIVE’ drifting into Warner Bros. Movie World for a limited time only from November 22 until 25 January 2014.

So either they have forgotten to update one part of their website or even they don't know what is going on...

Edited by Wyncenuros

The Hollywood Stunt Driver show is closed to make way for an exciting new show coming soon!

Don’t miss the brand new show ‘FMX OVERDRIVE’ drifting into Warner Bros. Movie World for a limited time only from November 22 until 25 January 2014.

So either they have forgotten to update one part of their website or even they don't know what is going on...

I would say that they haven't updated the info about FMX Overdrive.

Interesting to hear... the choice of V8 utes means great drifting, and kind of fits in with the re-theme that has been talked about so far.

I'm wondering whether this will conflict with any of the showtime events they usually do (eg: Ekka) throughout the year.

The Showtime events aren't much about storyline - and mostly about burning rubber and flying through the air. I do hope that they've worked on something a bit better than HSD (not saying HSD was poor - but it wasn't PASS) - the talk of hiring 'fall' guys is promising.

You'd hope that Movie World have outsourced only the driving components of the show, allowing their own cast and crew to focus on stunts and acting.

Hollywood Stunt Driver's plot was still cringeworthy after five years of tweaks and refinements so I wouldn't hold my breath for theatrical gold, but I'd hope that they can work out something close to an interesting storyline this time around.

It has been updated:

Don’t miss the brand new show ‘FMX OVERDRIVE’ drifting into Warner Bros. Movie World for a limited time only from November 22 until 10 February 2014.

Don’t miss the brand new show ‘FMX OVERDRIVE’ drifting into Warner Bros. Movie World for a limited time only from November 22 until 10 February 2014.

I'd love to 'not miss' the show - but when the themeparks.com.au pocket app says shows are at 12 and 1pm, and it turns out that they're actually 11:00 and 1:50, means that when you plan to drop into the park to catch one of those shows you're going to miss them. It would be nice if the park kept the show times up to date on the app if they update it in park...