Cascade Midway ride

MickeyD

I just had a fond flashback of a travelling Carnival ride from the 80s circa that I recall titled 'Cascade'. From memory, it consisted of 2 rotating platforms connected by a central base that also spun. Riders would stand up against half sections of each turn table with no safety restraints. Similar to the Gravitron, the ride would spin very fast with riders around the outside, facing in, no restraints -only there were bars either side of you to grasp. The turn tables would lift up to around 45 degrees and somehow 'dance' and intertwine with one another in a rather random fashion. Can anyone tell me what this ride system was and if this ride system still exists? It seemed to have disappeared around the same time the Gravitron made it's debut. I would love to see one of these very unique Carnival Spinners still in Operation if anyone knows more I would be most grateful Thanks guys Mikey

Further to that the ride is commonly called "The Scat". They used to be fairly common in the fairs and carnivals of Eastern Australia. There was even one at Luna Park Melbourne for the majority of the '70s and early '80s. A classic carnival ride that is becoming increasingly harder to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVtu-ntECtI

Here is a video of one in action!!

Awesome cheers for the info too Jobe! The curled crowns above each carriage are certainly reminiscent of the Cascade version that I recall which from memory was chrome, black with orange coloured bulbs atop the crowns. Its a fun ride to watch in action. I suspect safety concerns might have been an issue and could never undersrand why the Gravitron spinner superseeded this which imo was a far superior and more exciting spinner. Thanks again for the memories!