Wettest water ride you've been on?

coasterdude44

I remember back in 2006 when i was 9 riding RHLR at dreamworld and getting soaked on it. And getting slightly wet on rides like Wild West Falls and Bermuda Triangle. But since then. I dont get as wet as i used to on log rides for some reason as i used to. What are some of the best water rides youve been on where you you get drenched most?

First in australia alone and then in the world (if youve been overseas)

I haven't been on any in Australia in years, but having just got back from Anaheim I can say the river rapids at California adventure can get you pretty wet, but the one at knotts berry farm (didn't go on) I saw people coming off that were drenched head to toe with barely any dry patches.

I haven't been on any in Australia in years, but having just got back from Anaheim I can say the river rapids at California adventure can get you pretty wet, but the one at knotts berry farm (didn't go on) I saw people coming off that were drenched head to toe with barely any dry patches.

You mean Grizzly River Run. I got wet on that but got DRENCHED by standing in the splash zone!

Storm Coaster for sure, if you're in the back you come out like you've just had a shower with your clothes on.

Seats (Wettest - Driest) on Storm: Row 4, Row 1, Row 3, Row 2.

That explains it then - we didn't get that wet at all on storm! Got far wetter on Wild Wild West, but now when I think about it we were row 2 on storm..

In Australia it's Storm Coaster for sure. Worldwide, I found the rapids at SFMM are pretty brutal:

attachicon.gifrapidssfmm.jpg

Yep Six Flags Magic Mountain beats out any other water ride I've been on. The massive 12 person rafts aren't tossed around over the rapids like most smaller versions, they simply heave through any wall of water in their path. And then the ankle-deep water that pools in the raft just ensures that your shoes are as soaked-to-the-core as the rest of you by the end.

I forgot to mention, but basically any splash battle ride will leave you soaked...The little crank operated water guns don't look like much, but a whole ride exposed to them is saturating.

Port Aventura is building a 10 minute long version called Angkor Wat (Worlds Longest), Can only imagine how wet and how aching your arms will be by the end.

Wild West Falls in the rain gets you very wet!

As does waiting for the bus or mowing the lawn in the rain...

I've always found it intriguing at how dry Australia's wet rides are, considering our climate. In the US it's a given that a wet ride will soak you. More often than not, even a humble 30-year-old log flume over there will do its very best to drench you. And no one complains... people ride these rides to get wet, even in the middle of winter. Over here even our wettest (Storm, WWF etc.) are pretty tame by world standards.

On one hand I'm not the biggest fan of getting soaked -- I even did the indefensible and wore a poncho last time I rode Grizzly River Run at Disney California Adventure -- but there's something pretty cool about a wet ride that lives up to the 'genre'.

As does waiting for the bus or mowing the lawn in the rain...

I've always found it intriguing at how dry Australia's wet rides are, considering our climate. In the US it's a given that a wet ride will soak you. More often than not, even a humble 30-year-old log flume over there will do its very best to drench you. And no one complains... people ride these rides to get wet, even in the middle of winter. Over here even our wettest (Storm, WWF etc.) are pretty tame by world standards.

On one hand I'm not the biggest fan of getting soaked -- I even did the indefensible and wore a poncho last time I rode Grizzly River Run at Disney California Adventure -- but there's something pretty cool about a wet ride that lives up to the 'genre'.

Yeah, there are countless water rides in the US that will get you wet. But even thought the US is hot, Australia constanly has a hot climate all year round and needs to have better rides that should saturate you completley instead of give you wet patches and sprays

Edited by coasterdude44