Sign in to follow this  
the12thworld

Rides That Never Made It Out

17 posts in this topic

I don't think it was - there was discussion on these boards a long time ago, where someone suggested putting it into the Roxy. I think Gazza did some 'MSPAINT' work to show it wasn't feasible, and that was probably the end of it.

The problem was that the place they planned to build it was on reclaimed land. Meaning that years before, the land was just water, Seaworld would have to wait 10 years for the land before building on the land.

Is that anything different to Wild? Or is it because the lake Wild is supposedly being built on is shallow in comparison?

Is that anything different to Wild? Or is it because the lake Wild is supposedly being built on is shallow in comparison?

From what little we know about wild, the reclaimed land was to be mostly animal enclosure. Timeframes around land reclaimation relate mainly to foundations construction, because you need to allow the land time to settle before having it bear solid, dead weight. That said - Dubai have taken land reclaimation technologies to the next level.

We don't know what was planned for the guest areas - there was some speculation they were boats - which would mean little settling would be required. Otherwise, if they put piles or other foundations through the sand to the bedrock, then it wouldn't matter about the settlement either.

Without further details we don't really have any idea what would have been needed to make Wild happen.

There was the planned and earth turned attraction for Wonderland that was similar to the Sydney Skycoaster at WnW Sydney. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the one that was going to go in at Wonderland but I saw a photo recently of the earth turning ceremony on a Facebook page but I can't find it. The logo was purple with a screaming cartoon face. "The Bus is now leaving for Skyline Knoll, Tasmania"

There was the planned and earth turned attraction for Wonderland that was similar to the Sydney Skycoaster at WnW Sydney. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the one that was going to go in at Wonderland but I saw a photo recently of the earth turning ceremony on a Facebook page but I can't find it. The logo was purple with a screaming cartoon face. "The Bus is now leaving for Skyline Knoll, Tasmania"

The billboard at the park never named it - just said:

"DROP BY...

<picture of screaming cartoon face>

Everyone will hear you scream

COMING SOON

The world's most thrilling ride, the only one in the southern hemisphere"

it was set on a tiny piece of grass all dressed up inside a brick garden bed near lakeside. It would have been a nicely placed attraction, and a great experience...

I think you're a bit off mark Jeffrey. Just based on timing (I believe this was a proposal around 9900), closure was 5 years off... unlikely.

yes i may be off the mark but the ride was planned by an out going ceo and i feel the next ceo knew what was comeing