Theme Park Studio

Reanimated35

The time has finally come. Those of us who have pre purchased the game should have received their keys by now. The game launches on steam on Feb 27 (not sure if that's localised).

I thought it would be nice to have a thread to

1 - Remind people they can still buy this game and it's about to be released.

2 - Post your creations here and share them with Parkz.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590/

Been following this since it was announced. So far it looks ok but I'm not totally convinced... The trackwork of the coasters they've shown in video previews is horrible. Not sure if this is a result of rushing out content to please backers or the track building features aren't as flexible as they claim. With these guys behind Hyper Rails I'm a little sceptical on it all. The $100 kickstarter reward (request your own flatride to be included in the game) seemed overly ambitious but if they can pull it off, fantastic. Also what's being released on the 27th isn't anywhere near the full game. IIRC the announcement posted the other day mentioned that it'll only include the park designing features (path building, some environment editing etc). Some flat rides are included but they're not animated and coasters aren't included at all. So not so much of a release but rather a glimpse of what we can expect. Good on them though for realising the true enormity of the project and giving the community something. IMHO NL2 and it's scripting feature is a lot more exciting. I think we'll start to see some truly amazing things this year. While TPS seems to be more accessible, NL2 looks scarily realistic at times and there is virtually nothing that can't be achieved with scripting.

IMHO NL2 and it's scripting feature is a lot more exciting. I think we'll start to see some truly amazing things this year. While TPS seems to be more accessible, NL2 looks scarily realistic at times and there is virtually nothing that can't be achieved with scripting.

Looks like you can make 'dark-ride'-like events happen in NL2, like trigger smoke and lighting. This video shows the capabilities of NL2 very well:

IMO both No Limits 2 and Themepark Studio look like great games. From what we've seen of Themepark Studio it's focusing more on overall themepark design with loads of overall customisation and a easy to use coaster builder; that gives you far greater freedom than RCT3 ever did. But No Limits 2 will still be the ultimate coaster builder/simulation game, focused solely on realistic rollercoaster design.