Reef Diver Closing

T-bone

That's why I thought the doomsday tower concept was great, similar to pandemonium it looked like it may have have 2 settings, light and full on. It catered for everyone whilst still providing good thrills.

To me, going that high, even on a 'light' setting is pretty intense.

There is no way I would go on it for example and I'd imagine a lot of kids would be the same.

Vortex or similar can be sampled at pretty much any travelling fair. Thunderbolt whilst iconic to the park, was nothing special really in terms of ride experience. The chairlift - well not really a ride. The one at SW has better views anyway Blue Lagoon - if you've been to WWW or WnW then going to blue lagoon was like going to Disneyland then visiting sideshow alley at the Easter Show and trying to compare the two. All up you haven't missed much

IF Dreamworld was to go with a boomerang type coaster I would much prefer one of the Giant Inverted Boomerang's like DejaVu. Honestly they actually look like pretty decent rides that pack a decent punch in a small footprint. The invertigo model wouldn't be too bad either really... but I think a normal Vekoma boomerang is too dated for a park like Dreamworld now. Also the height of it would give a bit of a visual impact for the park if it's placed in a halfway decent place. I wouldn't really consider it a 1 trick pony either... it wouldn't be my first choice for a new attraction but it wouldn't be the worst idea.

Edited by Spotty

The idea of Dreamworld getting a Boomerang is long past. They are old, dated rides and there are far better options out there that are current and offer much bigger bang for your buck. Think Intamin Megalite, any number of examples from Mack or even an extended Maurer Sohne spinner would be good additions. The case for a new full circuit coaster has never been stronger!

• 4 weeks later...

The gold coast theme parks Facebook page just posted this:

We can OFFICIALLY announce that as of the April 28th, the Reef Diver at Dreamworld will close and be removed from the park. There is no word of what will replace this ride, but we can assure you that we will release this information soon.
I had a look on the dreamworld website and this is correct.

• 5 months later...