Wild West Falls (pre - 2003) video

coasterdude44

I saw a link to an old video of Wild West Falls back in 2003 that was on the old rollercoaster.com.au site, but couldnt accees it. Is there a way it could be uploaded on this site. Im curious to see what the theming was like before the fire, and what the final room before the drop looked like.

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/videos.php?vid=13

apparently it says im not allowed, Im not complaining if that's how it is

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the video of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad's newly upadated effects, it would be awesome to see Wild West Falls with a final lift hill like this - See the lift hill in the video at 6:37 (the effects seemed to be working better in the night ride through)

Edited by rac2703

Could you imagine if they had those fire and light effects in our parks here?

Dreamworld would turn them off after 2 weeks to save money and Movieworld would let them run for 3-4 months till they broke progressively and just not bother to fix them

True haha, but there isn't any fire effects in that ride - Its all digital projections with fog-machine "cannons".

Exactly- the technology is there to simulate fire effects with believability,and without the actual use of real fire,which of course is always a risk for passenger safety if something ever goes wrong.

It would be wonderful if Wild, Wild West could be retrofitted with such technology to replace the final effects lost when the fire struck in the past. Disney have done a brilliant job here but so we expect anything less from them?? :-)

For Movie World to add effects to WWF to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad's level isn't going to happen. And even if they did, they wouldn't always happen. I think they could add lighting effect to make it seem like TNT was about to go off, without using fire. Even if MW added a few crates of TNT at the top of the lift hill, that could make it even better. Something else I would like to see would be if they added something extra at the start of the ride.

post-29557-0-65253300-1394954784_thumb.p

Even if it was just a splash effect or something simple like that.

Not sure in that pic exactly where you mean, but that lighter coloured part of the channel is the one that moves to bring the boats to maintenance.

That pic does show where I meant, cos I thought the water was a waste, but I didn't realise that was how they moved the boats off the ride if they are broken, etc.

• 4 years later...