Going to do the Gold Coast and doing all theme parks. A big question?

I think the all-day lockers are a little more than $9 now. Don't think any of them sell bum bags - and they won't do you much good on the rides where they have lockers etc. A backpack is more useful.if you're going to carry things around. There's no benefit to having a bumbag as the loose items rules won't allow it on anyway.

If you're the kind of people who can drop all their stuff in a locker, and then go riding for an hour or two without needing to go back - then do that. All-day lockers may not be the best value (as only some rides REQUIRE it) but they are secure, and you're not hauling crap around all day.

If you're the kind of people who need to constantly dive into your bag for a drink smoke whatever - then take a bunch of gold coins, and be prepared to spend time at the lockers at Sea World and Movie World. Dreamworld doesn't really require it much at all, unless you don't want to get them wet on the water rides.

The alternative is if someone isn't the 'go-getter' everyone else is you can tag-team with someone minding the bags.

You will however need a locker at Wet N Wild for your valuables at the very least (although your towel is usually safe on a sun lounge around the wave pool). You can get splash cash wristbands at the outlets and then can use the band to pay for and open the locker, however there are coin operated lockers in the bank i think second to last on the way towards Mammoth River, which means anyone can open it with the combination, rather than needing the same person wearing the wristband to open it up everytime.

Enjoy the parks!

Our experience has always been that carrying a backpack is not a problem and most rides we can either carry it in the ride or leave it on return side of ride platform where it is perfectly safe, especially if you have cash, phone etc in pockets anyway.

We haven't been on the 'thrill' rides much however as mentioned on some of those rides you can't have anything even in pockets.

Options then become a locker or having a too-scared-of-big-rides person hold them.

At this time of year queues will be short and I often just leave bags etc near ride and get them again after disembarking. I'm pretty trusting in that regard but have never had a problem in the 10 years I've been doing it.

Lockers are $10 for an all day locker or $2 a hour for the individual rides. Movie World's all day lockers are located next to the photo centre with $2 lockers at Superman and Green Lantern. Sea World has the all day lockers located to the right of the main entrance and near the dolphin nursery on the boardwalk behind dockside tavern and at castaway bay. $2 lockers are located at the shipping container between the Flume and Storm Coaster, and between Sea Viper and Jet Rescue. As far as i'm aware none of the theme parks sell bum bags, but there are many places on the gold coast that would sell them.

The only exception seems to be Jet Rescue and Superman, because they have separate load/unload areas, and Storm Coaster because large bags can't be taken with you and it wouldn't be practical to have storage boxes on something which runs so many boats.

Technically with Superman and Jet Rescue they could do the same sort of thing that MDMC does at Dreamworld, with the spinning storage area. The Claw also does a similar thing with the box opening on both sides, though this might not work as the rides are loading/unloading at the same time. The real exception is Storm. I can't think of a practical way that could have a storage area.

I remember that Jet Rescue used to have storage boxes. When at the gates about to get on the ride at the far left (where the blue wall is) there used to be storage boxes that could be opened from both sides. But they got rid of them.

Superman never has, but they could have something on the back wall that slides across into the exit room.

Edited by themagician

No storage boxes at Jet rescue. They have short term lockers near the entrance. Franny Adams I think you are better off getting an all day locker at all the parks. For $10 for the whole day, it just makes it that much easier to walk around without the hassles of taking a bag with you. It only takes a few minutes to walk back to the locker from anywhere in any park.

I found single use lockers are better value. You can have at least 5 rides throughout the day for the same price. I normally keep riding as much as I can within the hour. I would find it much better if there was free storage options available on all rides like Dreamworld. Having a lot of $2 coins on hand helps a lot.

We used to go with friends and 6 of us would put in for an all day locker. As previously stated you can easily pop back to get stuff when required, no late fee if you are away for more than an hour, you can wander off and not have to worry about being back there at a certain time. If you know you are going to have someone not go on each ride then use the non-riding friend option.

Sure you may not use the short term lockers enough to equal the all day cost, but then you also don;t have to carry stuff around all day and are not confined to having to be at the locker at a certain time.

I'm with gary86 and haven't really found all day lockers to be much of an advantage.

I've just never found my backpack to be enough of a brick to warrant an all day locker and the "hassle" people make it out to be. You put the bag on your back and just walk around like normal.....Problem?

I'm going to have my sunglasses, phone and wallet with me at all times for obvious reasons, and paying say a maximum of $4 for ride lockers (A round of riding superman, and then maybe some re-rides later on) is cheaper than paying $10 and walking the length of the park to put them away/get them again.

I remember that Jet Rescue used to have storage boxes. When at the gates about to get on the ride at the far left (where the blue wall is) there used to be storage boxes that could be opened from both sides. But they got rid of them.

Are you sure? If there was a two sided storage unit at Jet Rescue wouldn't one side be facing onto the pit between the two stations where the transfer track is?

http://rcdb.com/4293.htm?p=22717

Edited by Gazza

If you're at Movie World I wouldn't bother. For example if you wanted to do superman then your group could split in half with the other half going Arkham or some other ride and swapping afterwards.

When I was as Sea World about a week after storm opened they allowed you to dump your bags on the grass at the entrance and just remove all valuables like wallets and take them on. Idk if they still let you but that's what they did then.

I probably should have clarified that we get an all day locker because we take our own food in and the bags are heavy/ You wouldn't need a locker with a light bag. .

When a mate and I went to Movie World one time we just split the cost of an all day locker. We only had a small bag each, which didn't weigh much, and a phone and wallet. It is just easier and that way we dont have to worry about loosing them or taking them on rides. I would recommend that you get a locker if you are going to Movie World all day because the park isn't huge and it doesn't take long to get to your locker. I would also recommend that you use the lockers in Main Street (Near the restaurant).