Gotham City Cafe Closed

Mort

I'm just not into marvel. I like Spider-Man but that's it

Well neither batman, superman (DC) or Star Wars (Disney) are Marvel properties

You could argue a linkage with Star Wars given Marvel is owned by Disney too, but Spider-Man film rights are actually owned by Sony Pictures

Edited by Brad2912

We used to eat at the Dirty Harry Bar each time and get the nachos... Then they went from a delicious tortilla shell to something resembling cardboard. As someone else stated, Ricks now feels like a 90's pizza hut. Haven't tried the food at the Wild West eatery since the change of menu as we don't go past Scooby Doo anyways, but I do remember it being great then so still high hopes for it now.

Since we now go with our son who has multiple food allergies and intolerences we simply take a cooked chicken, some bread rolls, chips and fruit. Much cheaper and a lot more to eat.

The park food used to be great, now the effort just doesn't seem to be put in. Have to wonder if with the VIP pass changing the normal park guest that the standard of food doesn't need to be that high to be acceptable anymore...

I actually think all the negative comments about Ricks and food are complete BS.

You can't honestly tell me what you want is some shit rate spring rolls, noodles and nuggets??

The new menu may be simple but it's all good and it's decent value and a real meal. And look at what they put on at Christmas, the food was fantastic.

And 'maybe VIP is changing things'

Of course it is! I find it hilarious that the population wanta a cheap ass entry to the parks but then demands a premium product, just sooo funny.

I think some of the food prices are a bit OTT but I think the quality is some of the best we've seen in years.

I actually think all the negative comments about Ricks and food are complete BS.

You can't honestly tell me what you want is some shit rate spring rolls, noodles and nuggets??

The new menu may be simple but it's all good and it's decent value and a real meal. And look at what they put on at Christmas, the food was fantastic.

And 'maybe VIP is changing things'

Of course it is! I find it hilarious that the population wanta a cheap ass entry to the parks but then demands a premium product, just sooo funny.

I think some of the food prices are a bit OTT but I think the quality is some of the best we've seen in years.

Just for the record... I didn't say the 90's pizza hut thing was a bad thing... Or that the food is bad... Hell there is still one near Grand Plaza at Browns Plains we drive to every now and then...

I have stated previously that I would rather pay the full price for yearly passes as I did from before 2000 (until the VIP passes came out as they are better value for money) and have the park at the same standard it was (even though yes the standard is lifting in most places again).

I think the most obvious place to see the increase in price is the hot dogs... They were $3.50 in 2000, sure that was for just bun and sausage, but only a few years ago it was $7.50 for exactly the same thing.

The stated chicken and rolls we take costs us less than $7.50 and it feeds 3 plus enough left over to snack on throughout the day... Doesn't take a rocket scientist...

After reading lots of these negative comments about food at MW i thought I might tell you that they do have some decent offerings. For food I always go to that shop attached to B & J and they have some quite decent stuff. I usually get the chicken schnitzel sub which is $13, quite big and filling but is also good quality. There is also wraps and other stuff that's quite decent as well. Far cheaper than burgers, more filling and better quality.

Also in regards to burgers all the parks changed over to those crappy 'Prime Burgers' that promised so much but delivered so little a while back. I think MW changed in July 2012 and WnW did just before the 2012-2013 summer season. I found the old ones to be bigger and far better than those.

the food at mw is a joke you have a sausage roll shop and the other 2 hot food shops all they sell is burgers some variety! stop at kfc before going in that's why it's across the road and go on tuesday and you get 9 pieces for the same price they want for their tiny little burger in there! :P

Edited by bladex