Gotham City Cafe Closed

Mort

We all have a very bad habit of pouring shit on someone who tries to give a little info that they have without getting into trouble.

I didn't understand 'staff safety reasons' until 'i know why gotham was closed'

So it wasn't a 'i know something you don't know' - like any other employee of the park, they've said the same thing that would be in any media release "staff safety reasons" but can't divulge anything further.

Now let's look at a few things here - Kujotess has previously been in discussions about interviewing for a job with theme parks. I'm not sure but I thought at some stage they had worked at movie world... it stands to reason they may just have a legitimate source, and have said 'staff safety reasons'. It is understandable that VRTP does not want the public to know that:

• a poorly run gas line could have potentially exploded at any minute
  • an inadequate fire safety supressor system was malfunctioning over the grill
  • any other serious safety hazard (which they have identified and are now fixing)

But at least now we have a possible explanation that the reason GCC is closed, after only just recently being refurbished is because of a safety hazard in the new fitout which they need to rectify.

Thanks Kujotess for sharing what you could.

True AlexB but his answer could have been framed in a far more eloquent manner than the way it was presented. IF that's the reason then all he had to do was explain that reason without giving away any specific sensitive information. The reason there as been questions asked about the validity of his post is the poor framework of his answer.

So like you, I am willing to give Kujotess the benefit of the doubt , especially considering his previous history and current reputation on the board- in my memory he has never made wild invalid claims before. However I would colour it with a sense of caution for future posts for the reasons outlined above.

Thanks Kujotess.

Wouldnt want to get into detail incase i get into trouble

We all have a very bad habit of pouring shit on someone who tries to give a little info that they have without getting into trouble.

I didn't understand 'staff safety reasons' until 'i know why gotham was closed'

So it wasn't a 'i know something you don't know' - like any other employee of the park, they've said the same thing that would be in any media release "staff safety reasons" but can't divulge anything further.

But at least now we have a possible explanation that the reason GCC is closed, after only just recently being refurbished is because of a safety hazard in the new fitout which they need to rectify.

Thanks Kujotess for sharing what you could.

That's all well and good but a limited post saying "staff safety reasons" is a pretty poor way to go about saying it and "can't tell you any more in case I get in trouble" just comes across as smug "I'm so cool I know stuff".

Why not "I'm not allowed to say any more than this, but it's closed due to a safety issue impacting staff in the store."

That's helpful, polite, to the point and doesn't come across as smug like the last one.

Ummm I'm pretty sure saying it's a safety issue is enough to get you in trouble anyway as that's putting the company in a negative light.

I've no idea why it's shut but if I did I certainly wouldn't be saying "it's a safety problem".

I doubt it, but you never know. I mean if it was a safety issue and it was left open, sure.

Doesn't explain though, if it was a "safety issue" why close the covered area as well? Why not just close the shutters and leave a nice covered area, throw in an extra table or 4 and you've got a bigger eating area.

Ummm I'm pretty sure saying it's a safety issue is enough to get you in trouble anyway as that's putting the company in a negative light.

I've no idea why it's shut but if I did I certainly wouldn't be saying "it's a safety problem".

Yeah - saying 'closed for safety reasons' is perfectly ok to me - doesn't cast the park in a negative light at all - in fact most parks worldwide use phrases like 'safety is our number 1 priority' so closing something 'for safety reasons' shows them following through. It implies their maintenance work has identified something and they are taking preventative measures to prevent it BECOMING a problem.

Saying a safety ISSUE or a safety PROBLEM suggests to me an unexpected issue they didn't pick up due to lack of maintenance (thereby implying negativity toward the park).

Doesn't explain though, if it was a "safety issue" why close the covered area as well? Why not just close the shutters and leave a nice covered area, throw in an extra table or 4 and you've got a bigger eating area.

It's not like that hasn't been done before...

0304-128_Eureka-Mountain_IMGP0128.JPG