Possibility of a Lego Movie ride at MW?

sam11

I was looking up some info about the new Lego Movie today and saw that the film was co-produced by Warner Bros. in the US and Village Roadshow Productions in Australia. This could possibly end up as a ride in Movie World if it does alright in the box office in Australia next month, What do you guys think?

It's also pretty cool that the animation for the movie was done by a VFX production company in Sydney!

You never know though. Village Roadshow do have a working relationship with Merlin, it's a Warner Brother's/Roadshow film and there isn't a Legoland in Australia and it's a well rated movie. I think they'd be mad not to find a way to bring it to the park.

Plus, it would be a perfect replacement for LTRR. As far as I know, Lego would be far more relevant to children of today than Looney Tunes.

But whether it replaces LTRR or not, it'd be a great ride to have in the park.

The original idea was for a mini cars movie world... keep the car driving idea, lose the mini-movieworld bit and instead make it that you're driving through lego-land - you can include all the different 'lego city' sets that you can buy inside it. Cross promote lego merchandise in the nearest shop.

Sounds good to me.

The original idea was for a mini cars movie world... keep the car driving idea, lose the mini-movieworld bit and instead make it that you're driving through lego-land - you can include all the different 'lego city' sets that you can buy inside it. Cross promote lego merchandise in the nearest shop.

Sounds good to me.

Or they could have something like what they have at Cars Land. Obviously on much smaller and cheaper scale, but have cars drive through a looney tunes themed area. Then at the end they get a bit of speed on them and they go down the length of the building. For this to happen the cars would have to be much smaller and so would the track (That's just obvious though).

^ Exactly, it wouldn't date. I think this one is a no brainer. It makes so much sense and would be a huge drawcard. It would also give the park a much needed additional brand/theme. Take the focus off DC comics. A lego dark ride would be absolutely perfect; what a shame they are apparently giving the Looney Tunes building over to the kids car ride. Such a waste of a massive dark ride building

Edited by GoGoBoy

Merlin Entertainments' largest shareholder is the family that owns LEGO -- given the potential they obviously see in the Australian market I'd think that they might be reluctant to let anyone else in the theme park industry take a crack.

A Legoland in Australia really isn't outside the realm of possibilities. They're smaller, family-oriented parks that attract 1-2 million visitors a year, the LEGO brand has never been stronger in Australia and Merlin are steadily building a solid operation here.

The aliens basically looked like they could be roughly approximated with about a dozen bits of Lego... I don't think it was an homage or wink to Lego so much as it was a design that could be easily replicated a hundred-odd times and easily made animatronic where needed.

They could give MW a 5 or so year license until the get around to doing a Legoland though. Wouldn't be the first ride to be re-themed.

If there were a Legoland in the pipeline -- even if 10 or 15 years down the track -- I think they'd be very careful about the brand's theme park exposure. A LEGO Store is probably more plausible and something that there's a precedent of with the stores on Disney properties. Surely a more profitable and interesting use of space than a graffiti cap or Harry-Potter-turned-new-agey-crystal-and-dragon-crap shop -- and surely a drawcard in itself to both tourists as well as local passholders. Not to mention the all the film-franchise LEGO products that they'd have access to.

I am pretty sure that they were unrelated to Lego figures per se- from what I remember they somewhat resembled Lego figure hands but that was it. It certainly wasn't anything that required copyright protection or allowance.

Yeah I was meaning that they had the same kind of shaped hands/body. Not that they were designed like Lego with just enough difference to avoid copyright.

The aliens basically looked like they could be roughly approximated with about a dozen bits of Lego... I don't think it was an homage or wink to Lego so much as it was a design that could be easily replicated a hundred-odd times and easily made animatronic where needed.

If there were a Legoland in the pipeline -- even if 10 or 15 years down the track -- I think they'd be very careful about the brand's theme park exposure. A LEGO Store is probably more plausible and something that there's a precedent of with the stores on Disney properties. Surely a more profitable and interesting use of space than a graffiti cap or Harry-Potter-turned-new-agey-crystal-and-dragon-crap shop -- and surely a drawcard in itself to both tourists as well as local passholders. Not to mention the all the film-franchise LEGO products that they'd have access to.

A shop would work, and it would fit right in with other overpriced merchandise they have to sell.