djrappa

Firechaser express

20 posts in this topic

Great post. Such detail. Many information. Wow.

FireChaser Express is a steel family launched roller coaster currently under construction at the Dollywood amusement park located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The ride's revealing was part of a large announcement made on August 21, 2013. The roller coaster is scheduled to open on March 22, 2014

http://rcdb.com/6691.htm

http://fce.dollywood.com/

A rollercoaster for the Wild West area has been discussed before and it was said that it couldn't be done (depending on where it was) due to the noise restrictions at that end of the park.

It does look like a good ride that could fit well in the area if the theming was done right. I was thinking more of a ride like the 7 Dwarves mine ride that is just about to open. The old styled mine carts would fit well into the theming of this area of the park.

You just have to be careful how you shield noise from the residents.

I think a Dollywood level coaster is a stretch for the means of Movie World, a Disney level level coaster is just beyond out of the question.

I guess he means that 2sec clip about 1:20.

---------------------------
Sarcasm

You know, that 2 sec clip that ruins the entire video

End Sarcasm

Edited by reanimated35

I do actually like the cool theming and effects you see in the second video before the reverse launch.

That looks like a great ride - would help the issue MW have with not a great number of offerings for kids older than WB, but not tall enough for GL/SE/AA.

The height requirement at Dollywood is 99cm (39in) so bear in mind that in a VRTP, the restriction would need to be increased to 140cm.

Wow Dollywood's POV is horrible. Had to mute CF's version but they at least did a good job of mounting it and actually shooting in widescreen...

I agree would be a great addition for Movie World - you'd think the backwards novelty would be lost though. That'd make it the 3rd ride to have a reverse section :P

Why would the restriction have to be higher here?

In most cases height limits are set by the manufacturer.

Yeah thats the way I took it too. This only applies to the Village parks however, and as this has been discussed on these forums many times, Dreamworld are much more realistic with their height restrictions on their attractions.