What would you like to see at Gold Coast Theme Parks soon?

Santa07

Incorrect. If you redeemed your world pass by a particular date earlier this year you got a free ticket to Screamworld. Only being open to that offer (0 tickets sold), that night was walkons for literally everything. Great value!

That promo ran for about 4 weeks, it's not a regular part of a World Pass. If I bought one 6,9,12,24 months ago, or today, I don't get that benefit.

but there is a tradeoff too - When passes weren't this cheap - fewer people purchased them. The cost of a Pass is a little more than a 1 day ticket - and previously most pass holders would have only gone maybe once a year or less prior to the pass.

The value of these passes alone encourages more people to buy them - and whilst it is good value - some people may not use them more than 2-3 times, especially holidaymakers.

Yes the in-park spend plays a part, but I don't think they're solely reliant on it - purely based on passes sold it is clear that they're making more money than they were pre-introduction of the VIP.

Edited by AlexB

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow, I had no idea they had closed the Jaws ride at US either! Bugger.... never got to go on it :(

Personally I'd like to see more themed dark rides as well - boat ones in particular are fun. Ones like the Bermuda Triangle & Looney Tunes River Ride. And also a LONG rollercoaster.... something more like the length of the Thunderbolt, but not as rough. Seems all the current coasters all the parks have are over within just a few seconds (literally) lol.

I would really like to see a " Flash" ride / rollercoaster at Movie World !! Cause Flash as just started a Tv Series on Fox 8 !

So what you're saying is Warner Bros Village Roadshow - (who do hold a DC Comics license) need a ride themed to a Fox production?

Most likely - we'll be left with something licensed to the comic, not the TV series, leaving it with very little relevance to the current show and therefore pointless to introduce in conjunction with it.

With the large slate of DC movies set to be released in the next 4-5 years, I wouldn't be surprised to see some linked development at MW, whether that be a new ride, show or experience.

As for a themed Flash coaster, much more likely for that to be a remote possibility once the movie is released in 2018, rather than an unrelated tv series