What would you like to see at Gold Coast Theme Parks soon?

Santa07

Storm Coaster opened a few months ago, something might be happening with the old river ride building at movieworld, and Wild doesn't seem to be going past a pile of sand on the ground. Reef Diver's closing at Dreamworld, who still also have the space from the mine ride and thunderbolt. White Water World has done nothing for years, and Wet n Wild hasn't done anything since the constrictor. What do you want to see?

Wet n Wild: I don't think they need anything else at this stage, they are pretty good.

Movie World: They need to do something with the old LTRR building. As I have said a number of times, I would like to see something similar to the ride in cars world in disneyland, obviously on a smaller scale.

Sea World: Well since they have reclaimed the land now, they need something that is really good. I was looking forward to WILD, so I would like to see this, but otherwise something thats interactive, like dinosaur island. Also, even though Sea Viper has been at the parks for many years now, I think they should just replace all of the track, if that is what is causing issues.

Dreamworld: I think its good what they are doing with Wipeout. As they are removing Reef Diver they should have a new attraction that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before. It won't be something to big, but it can use the area of RD and the old octopus ride. As we have all said they need to do something with the mine ride. I would quite happy to see something similar to what it was or Scooby-Doo there. And as I have said plenty of times, they need to upgrade the train of Cyclone and repaint the queue line and remove the turbine.

WWW: Just add another tower with 2 or 3 slides. Ones similar to the ones at WNW Sydney that aren't already on the Gold Coast, like the Tantrum or bombora or typhoon.

I did see some trees were cleared at the back of Wet n Wild. New attraction perhaps?

Sea World need to remove that annoying gate, improve Vikings Revenge and add some flats.

Movie World need to fix Scoobys party room and open up Chinatown Ally.

Dreamworld needs a massive makeover. New mine ride, new rollercoaster, upgrade/ demolish Cyclone, bring back steam train, inprove theming, new chairlift...

Www could do with a lazy river.

Unbelievably silly question from me right now. What happened to the gravitron ar dreamworld? Is the space where the turbine is at cyclone big enough for a gravatron type attraction? They could place it on the ground level, then the interior queue while waiting for the cyclone could be used. Guests could watch the ride spinning while they wait. Put some glass pannelling above it or somethinf so noone can throw anything (or spit in it) then they could subtly hint that thr cyclone is being caused by the forces of the gravitron. Big week this week and very tired so.not sure this is making sense.

Reef Diver's closing at Dreamworld, who still also have the space from the mine ride and thunderbolt.

The space from Thunderbolt was long since taken over by Cyclone and WhiteWaterWorld.

The last time we'd heard about Vortex, it was sitting in pieces in storage out the back behind Tiger Island White Water World maintenance bay.

The Cyclone did not take over any Thunderbolt land. They once operated side by side. WWW took over most of the Thunderbolt footprint. They apparently stiil have some track and a train left so is possible that Thunderbolt II may be built one day...

The Thunderbolt was part of the original big 5 thrill rides which also included The Cyclone, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop and Wipeout.

Falcon's Fury is opening in almost a month in Florida, i would be great to see a ride like that be at one of the Village Roadshow Parks, it would make a good addition to Sea World and most likley increase attendence rates, since none of the rides there are honestly THAT thrilling, but since they just dropped 20 million bucks on Storm Coaster, we probably wont be seeing another big ride at Sea World for quite some time

If they were to build a Thunderbolt II, they certainly wouldn't be using the old track or train(s).

100% agree with this idea for DW to reboot the Thunderbolt name, using it solely for the Park's largest and yet to become most iconic coaster.

In a more convincing attempt to theme it, I reckon the old Blue Lagoon site would make for a perfect location, tieing in with the Bushranger / aussie pioneer theme, it would serve as an ideal fit to a refreshed Gold Rush area that could also easily include the Log Ride and not so easily, Giant Drop (perhaps rethemed as a giant well or mining instrument.

The original Thunderbolt was the Park's 'weenee' and perhaps inappropriately themed to a Country Fair at the time. I would love to see a ThunderboltII featuring two gigantic loops at the start of the ride and maybe some sudden drops and dives into below ground / dark segments. Regardless, it should be a nod to the Park's history, yet presented in a way that signifies a bigger, brighter future and direction for the Park

It mustn't be made of wood either. DW simply wouldn't maintain it

And yes, dreams are still free

Exactly. Why should we get a ride experience which we could simply get from another (local) park?

Falcon's Fury has a world first drop tower vehicle design. It's pretty much the Giant Drop in dive coaster -TOT2 position. You are dropped at a 90 degree angle face first. It would be great for Sea World since it's compact and leaves a small footprint

100% agree with this idea for DW to reboot the Thunderbolt name, using it solely for the Park's largest and yet to become most iconic coaster.

In a more convincing attempt to theme it, I reckon the old Blue Lagoon site would make for a perfect location, tieing in with the Bushranger / aussie pioneer theme, it would serve as an ideal fit to a refreshed Gold Rush area that could also easily include the Log Ride and not so easily, Giant Drop (perhaps rethemed as a giant well or mining instrument.

The original Thunderbolt was the Park's 'weenee' and perhaps inappropriately themed to a Country Fair at the time. I would love to see a ThunderboltII featuring two gigantic loops at the start of the ride and maybe some sudden drops and dives into below ground / dark segments. Regardless, it should be a nod to the Park's history, yet presented in a way that signifies a bigger, brighter future and direction for the Park

what the hell is a "WEENEE"?!

The Cyclone did not take over any Thunderbolt land. They once operated side by side. WWW took over most of the Thunderbolt footprint. They apparently stiil have some track and a train left so is possible that Thunderbolt II may be built one day...

The Thunderbolt was part of the original big 5 thrill rides which also included The Cyclone, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop and Wipeout.

Given Thunderbolt's ride envelope extended to the carpark boundary fence, and the subsequent construction of the Cyclone was inside that boundary, as you can see below, Cyclone was within the same envelope. They may not have crossed tracks, but 'thunderbolt land' was taken up by Cyclone.

0527-1_Thunderbolt_008.jpg

Out of curiosity, what coaster would you choose to put in that small footprint of BL?

Given Thunderbolt's ride envelope extended to the carpark boundary fence, and the subsequent construction of the Cyclone was inside that boundary, as you can see below, Cyclone was within the same envelope. They may not have crossed tracks, but 'thunderbolt land' was taken up by Cyclone.

I'm pretty sure they extended the park's boundary into the overflow carpark for Cyclone. Dreamworld Parkway was a through road up until that point.

post-2117-0-61263900-1397860302_thumb.pn