What would you like to see at Gold Coast Theme Parks soon?

Santa07

I'd be much more inclined to go with Mack, purely because of the better build quality and better train design.

Anyway, all of these new Mack mega coasters seem to be getting rave reviews, so I'm not at all hesistant to say it would be the way to go.

It's not like you see mack rides being closed after only 5 years of service, or Mack coasters having to be rebuilt within months of opening due to dodgy calculations.

Oh I know Mack's megacoasters are amazing - 8 rides on Blue Fire this year was enough to prove that to me. But I'm a bit disappointed with Mack's megalite clone since it seems much less forceful than Intamin's, though it would be more reliable. I'd be all for a custom Mack Megacoaster though, since Helix does look amazeballs.

And Santa07, eurofighters are very different to El Locos as far as ride experience goes. They both have beyond vertical drops, yes. But other than that, eurofighters are much more intense and fast paced.

Where did the edit button go...? Oh well, just wanting to say, that was my 100th post! woo!

Yes I know this is pointless and stupid before anyone tries to tell me.

That was pointless and stupid. (You're welcome)

On topic - I wouldn't mind seeing some more family rides on the way for Movieworld.

In order to keep pace with Movie World, Dream World need another major ride installation. Something unique and different from what the opposition is offering. A Wooden coaster would seem like the logical install, and yes initially it would be great but these rides are hugely labour intensive and expensive to maintain, and Dream World's track history on maintaining rides is sketchy at best. That said , I feel that a full circuit coaster should be the next big ride install to come to Dream World. Of course there are many options if they are going to pursue this route, but a Intamin Megalite or the Mack clone , as Gazza suggested, would be a great starting point. Both these rides should be well within Dream World's ability to afford. Of course, if the sky's the limit then of course a Flying Coaster ( waiting for the sarcastic replies- you know who you are!) or a full circuit Hyper coaster would definitely do great things for Dream World's public and international profile.

A Wooden coaster would seem like the logical install, and yes initially it would be great but these rides are hugely labour intensive and expensive to maintain,

Intamin and RMC's prefabricated wooden coasters are much easier to maintain, so they could be doable. Especially an RMC - a wooden looping coaster is gimmicky enough for Dreamworld to want it, and would have the bonus of actually being an awesome ride enthusiasts would love.

With the old LTRR building I think it would be good to include a number of other small rides in there. Dreamworld has easily got the best kids area out of all the GC parks. Even though MW has a few family rides, it definitely needs more kids rides. I would be quite happy for MW to have another small water ride, but in the building.

With the old LTRR building I think it would be good to include a number of other small rides in there. Dreamworld has easily got the best kids area out of all the GC parks. Even though MW has a few family rides, it definitely needs more kids rides. I would be quite happy for MW to have another small water ride, but in the building.

Agree 100%.

See I disagree. I think where movie world fails is family rides. The only true family ride in the park is Justice Leauge, and even that has a height requirement (which to be fair I'm pretty sure is set where the manufacturer set it).

Anyway, here's 2cents:

As far as the rumoured plans go: Look I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the driving school ride in the toons building goes in, I'd like to see them take it as a chance to redo the whole land. As a starting point, rip out Speedy's, and maybe Tweetys cages, and Sam train too, and just start again with everything in that area. Maybe even move Pounce 'n Bounce to where Marvin's Rocket ride was, so they can just start again with a (relatively) clean slate. Make the whole land nice and spread out, give it a more cohesive theme (eg the hometown of the Looney Tunes live) and just cram it full of little details. Think what Disney in Orlando is doing in its queues, with interactive and more or less unbreakble elements, but rather than being attached to a queue, have these elements spread out over the land.

At Sea World I'm less convinced than most about Wild being a good fit for the park. Personally, I'd like to see the land that was 'Dinosaur Island' and extending all the way to the east of the park (including the reclaimed land) given a thought out masterplan, which would over time turn the area into an oldschool Seaside boardwalk park. Obviously it'd take many years to build up, but the idea is you'd build the boardwalk from one side of the park to the other (getting wider the further East you went) but in the design designating space for a few kiddie flats, a resturant/pub, some of those horrible skill games, as well as a coaster and/or dark ride to take over the reclaimed land. Open with whatever options listed the park feels is sustainable first, and add the rest to the area over time. Once the land is 'finished', all the land from Dockside to the flume ride would basically be spare since Dockside, Customs house and the kids rides could happily be retired at this point, creating a mammoth plot of land for another big attraction.

At Wet 'n' Wild, anything! Also I know I've said this before and no one agrees with me, but I'd love to see a shoot the chutes ride with the elements of a water play structure built around it, so you'd randomly be getting splashed on the flat 'dull' part of the ride as well as the final splashdown. Everyone's already wearing swimmers so I think people probably wouldn't mind, plus you could also run it in 'winter mode' and turn off the play structure and adjust the splashdown to not get people as wet when it's cooler. I'm willing to accept that something shiney and new for a fraction price out of the Proslide cateloge would be far more economical, but I think my idea is awesome, so on this occasion to hell with the economics. Plus my idea requires no one to climb any stairs, and could potentially have a fairly epic capacity if designed right, and we all now how much that is needed over summer!

At Dreamworld, look I don't really care what they get so long as they put some bloody thought and effort into it.

See I disagree. I think where movie world fails is family rides. The only true family ride in the park is Justice Leauge, and even that has a height requirement (which to be fair I'm pretty sure is set where the manufacturer set it).

I was getting worried I was the only one who thought wasting a soundstage (yes, I know it's not an actual soundstage) which formerly housed a family ride with a bunch of indoor kiddies rides was a bad idea.

At Wet 'n' Wild, anything! Also I know I've said this before and no one agrees with me, but I'd love to see a shoot the chutes ride with the elements of a water play structure built around it, so you'd randomly be getting splashed on the flat 'dull' part of the ride as well as the final splashdown. Everyone's already wearing swimmers so I think people probably wouldn't mind, plus you could also run it in 'winter mode' and turn off the play structure and adjust the splashdown to not get people as wet when it's cooler. I'm willing to accept that something shiney and new for a fraction price out of the Proslide cateloge would be far more economical, but I think my idea is awesome, so on this occasion to hell with the economics. Plus my idea requires no one to climb any stairs, and could potentially have a fairly epic capacity if designed right, and we all now how much that is needed over summer!

You know, after putting some thought into it, I think a shoot the chute ride would be awesome at WNW.

I would love to see Movie World give the Wild West zone and the Kids area a revamp.

Give the kids area a totally new theme consistent with the new attraction in the old LTRR building, Not too fussed on what that theme is but something more than just "WB Kids Zone".

The Wild West zone needs some sort of family flat ride, maybe something with water effects to compliment WWF.

Some sort of maze or haunted house type attraction could work themed to the Wild West.

On top of that it would be great to see them expand the zone to include a wooden roller-coaster, but that could be difficult with the noise restrictions?

^I don't think another water ride (or water effects) is needed in that area - but I think the 'haunted house' idea has merit.

Scooby kind of already does the 'ghost train' idea well enough though - so what else is there?

We need a small footprint, totally enclosed (for the neighbours) attraction that can be easily fitted to a western theme....

Ghost train is out (SDSC)

Astro-blaster style ride is out (JL)

Realistically, the best fit for the western area is some type of coaster - either a small compact - like a crazy mouse or something that could be enclosed, or a nice little woodie out behind the show stage.... but I think MW is over balanced on coasters right now and needs a flat.

The Showstage has sat dis-used for a while too, so maybe incorporate that. I know we've talked about the logistics of converting showstage into a ride space in the past, but it's not impossible, and for the right ride, it may even enhance it...

So what's left in a flat that we could pop out there near WWF somewhere?

I keep saying it... Vekoma Mad House.

We've seen how awesome they can be when some right (Hex) and we don't have one in Australia.

Use the show stage building and theme it to yes some sort of haunted attraction.

High capacity, family friendly, no noise.

Ok - you have my attention...

if you were asked to come up with the idea - how would you see the story theme go?

I imagine if installed into the showstage the building would get a retheme as an imposing western style mansion of some sort?

Or otherwise - a new entryway up the back near WWF so people walk 'downhill' to reach it when indoors?

How does it go with nausea? Is it likely to upset equilibrium enough to make people sick?

And what about re-rideability? is it always going to be the same ride (ala batman adventure) ?

I'm not totally sure on sorry.

I think you'd have to do something with haunted ghosts from the west or something like that. Maybe work something in with Boot Hill being close by.

Definitely give the building a facade to suit the theme. But it could maybe even be subtle rather than big and imposing. Really set people up to have no idea what they're in for.

You'd need a pre show room to set up the story and I think some inside que to build anticipation.

They would have to dig out the hillside where the seats currently are but it's not a ridiculous undertaking.

Don't do the entrance via west as it makes it hard to close west and not this ride.

I'm open to suggestion on firm story. But you only have to look at how much Alton did with a simple ride system and a solid story.

That ride is awesome!

You could do something pretty awesome for sub 8 million I recon. Maybe even cheaper.

I don't think Australia has enough dark rides.

Gosetto has a shooter Gold Mine Hotel dark ride:

http://www.gosetto.com/amusement-ride-gold-mine-hotel-4-passengers-vehicle.htm

But my preference is for the Haunted School! Could you imagine Aussie kids trying to answer questions correctly?

http://www.gosetto.com/amusement-ride-hounted-school-4-passengers-vehicle.htm

Otherwise bring back the Maverick Illusion show - that was really good.