ANZAC Day opening hours

Reanimated35

I would just like to add to the above that Aussie World doesn't only open on ANZAC day, but offers a later closing time so you can experience their rides at night. This is from their website:

Twilight at Aussie World on ANZAC Day

Friday 25th April 2014 from 1.30pm

If you think Aussie World is fun during the day wait until you try riding under lights at the annual Twilight Night on ANZAC Day 25th April!

You don’t want to miss out on this special event when the park is open to the public at night. On ANZAC Day gates will open at 1.30pm until 8pm.

Over 30 rides and games will be operational including the latest additions - water ride Plunge, water play area Leak’n Logs, thrill ride Redback and Giant Slide as well as the regular favourites Wild Mouse Rollercoaster, Dodgems, Octopus and Side Show Alley.

For dinner there are plenty of selections such as mouth-watering hamburgers, tasty fish and chips, and foot long hot dogs. There’s also a selection of great food at the Ettamogah Pub next door. Best to reserve a table at the Ettamogah Pub by calling 5494 5444.

Aussie World is an all-weather theme park suitable for all ages. There are fun rides that will get you soaked, rides that will make you green and dizzy, simulators and slides, bumps and coasters….all for the one great entry price.

On ANZAC Day admission tickets can be purchased in advance by clicking here or at the gate from 1.30pm.

At least one park is doing it right!

If I were a betting man I'd say Sea World is the exception because of the resort, and possibly because the expenses of looking after the animals are present wether the park is making money or not, so may as well be open. 5pm closing is a little disappointing though.

Love Aussie World's approach. I really hope that all the love that the owners are giving that park pay off. Oddly enough it's actually kind of scary to think it nearly got turned into a soulless Village Roadshow Water Park.

I agree Joz, and it looks like it's paying off. The few times I've been past in the last month or so the park has looked busy with cars overflowing onto the service road.

On a side note, the Waveswinger doesn't seem to have opened yet, with no mention of it in any advertising or news emails. It appears to be fully assembled so it seems strange that it hasn't opened. Maybe it has but it would be odd if it had without any word or fanfare whatsoever. It hasn't been going any time I've been by.

Yes - Anzac day is an interesting one.

From memory - it is law for businesses not to open before 1pm (i'm assuming Sea World isn't starting until 1:30 to give staff time to start and get into position), however I heard a radio ad this morning that 'SuperButcher' is open all day tomorrow? Curious...

Anyhow - I recall working Wonderland when we'd open at 1 on Anzac day, and i'm pretty sure the park traded late on that day.

I think VRTP has missed an opportunity here by closing all except Sea World. I think the reasons cited - Resort, Animal care - are probably the right ones, and staffing is also an issue (as are penalty rates).

When Anzac day falls in the middle of the week it's a bit difficult - but when it butts onto a weekend, then as a long weekend the parks should be capitalising on it, and using the 1pm restriction as a bonus - open until 8 (good job Aussie World!), run a 'twilight session'. The parks are reasonably well set up for night-time operations - WNW has done summer dive-n-movies, and MW has done fright nights and white christmas, so I can't see much of an issue with a 'one-off' nighttime operation.

Hell even staying open until 6 or 7 would have been good. I can imagine the staff working SW are probably a little p'd off at having to come in for a 4 hour shift.

Food and essential services retailers are free to open at any-time on ANZAC day in QLD ,many smaller retailers tend not to open due to higher staff costs on a public holiday. The themeparks however come under a different set of rules of the trading act as a "place of amusement" they cannot by law open until 1:30pm on ANZAC day.

Edited by rac2703

Hard to believe that there is a place that has more restrictive trading laws than WA. I hope Seaworld and Aussie World had good crowds today. Are the stories on the Movie World Facebook page true with regards to the wait times? It seems odd that you queue 90 minutes to go on the SD Spooky Coaster and walk on to the Abyss here.

Yeah I think Adventure World and Aussie World enjoy a certain anonymity that the main Gold Coast parks don't have, but if you compare the wait times to USS you only really see those times during their summer holidays or Christmas. Is it just the SD coaster, or as the Facebook page appears to be suggesting, that many of the rides have had a long wait time recently?