Movie World - Carnivale

kujotess

I agree with AlexB **cue mass histeria

When I think of Carnivale at movie world I see a stereotyped glamorous idealistic version of the rio event fun for whole family.

Not so much the tits and ass drunken reality of what might actually take place there :)

Sounds to me if executed properly could be awesome.

I agree with AlexB **cue mass histeria

When I think of Carnivale at movie world I see a stereotyped glamorous idealistic version of the rio event fun for whole family.

Not so much the tits and ass drunken reality of what might actually take place there :)

Sounds to me if executed properly could be awesome.

Exactly, who would actually want the alcoholic side to let some drunken idiots ruin it?

By branding I mean that I think Carnivale is a poor choice of name, given the connotations that come with it in reference of the Brazilian carnival. I think many people/families may feel due to the name that the content may not be family friendly enough and hence decrease potential visitation. I personally would not take a young child or even a young teenager to carnival. Yes this is different, but word associations are important.

I think Fiesta (if they wanted to keep the 'South American flavour in the name) would be a more appropriate name.

Disagree. I think to most as I said before Carnivale evokes ideas of the idealistic celebration. Free from the negatives.

Now call it Mardi Gras and I immediately go to Bourbon street and 'beads for boobs' or the Sydney GLTBC festivities, either of which will have significant groups of people who will Shy away.

Yep - I don't see any negative connotations to the name or the theme.

Despite the reality of it - thats the supposed dirty dingy side of the event - hell - even Disney has to pickup the garbage - and they don't do it in gold-plated pumpkin-carriages. Their custodial staff wear white, and make them more approachable because they all carry park maps and showtimes...

The only people who would think of the name negatively are those who have actually been - and for families thats a minority.

Fiesta in my opinion is an even worse name - it's actual meaning is not a party - it's a feast. I have memories as a child going to carnivals at my school, at local community groups etc. In my opinion Carnival-E (the E gives the important Brazilian connection) implies (as i've said earlier) brightly coloured costumes, feathers, Brazilian drums, tropical mocktails (and perhaps some 18+ cocktails)....

...and that's what most people are going to think. Which one is more likely:

1. Oooooh, Movie World is hosting Carnivale - I can't wait to go and get mugged in a back alley, do drugs and puke my guts up! Awesome! or:
  2. Oooooh, Movie World is hosting Carnivale - sounds like a fun party atmosphere in a family park that everyone can enjoy all night!
Edited by Richard
Removed unnecessary remarks

The only person dissenting here is Brad - perhaps a bad back-alley experience in Brazil still hurts a little in the back alley?

Oh, I forgot, heaven forbid you disagree with lord of the forums AlexB

Mate, you are a dead set tosser of the highest order.

I voice my opinion (hey, thats generally what forums are for) and whilst others disagree with me (and that's fine) you take it to an insulting level.

If that's how you respond to people in the real world when having a differing of opinion, I honestly feel sorry for you as you will live a very lonely and unfulfilled existence.

Your cowboys antics on these forums are getting ridiculous. Go f**k yourself

Oh, I forgot, heaven forbid you disagree with lord of the forums AlexB

Mate, you are a dead set tosser of the highest order.

I voice my opinion (hey, thats generally what forums are for) and whilst others disagree with me (and that's fine) you take it to an insulting level.

If that's how you respond to people in the real world when having a differing of opinion, I honestly feel sorry for you as you will live a very lonely and unfulfilled existence.

Your cowboys antics on these forums are getting ridiculous. Go f**k yourself

Whilst I personally disagree with your opinion, I'm with you on the fact there was no need for his stupid remarks.

As far as the carnivale theme goes, I can see what you're saying that there could be some negative sides to it, people would probably just look at it as a happy party theme. It's only when you look it up do you realise it's all barely-there-bikini girls everywhere.

In saying that though, AFAIK, all we have is basic info from a Future of Fun survey which no one should be talking about anyway due to the T&C of that page.

For all we know they might be doing it as a toned down all ages event, or this might become a 18+ event (and actually forced 18+ event unlike Fright Nights recommendations). Or it might be the same age limits as Fright Nights.

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree that this event if more particularly focused for adults. White Christmas is aimed at kids and families and Fright Night is focused at teenagers. I think this could be a really good addition to the parks evening events. But as it is new this year they will really need to advertise, so people know about it.

Media Release

17/05/14

NEW ERA IN NIGHT TIME ENTERTAINMENT AT MOVIE WORLD

Warner Bros. Movie World on the Gold Coast is set to introduce an exciting new experience in night time entertainment that promises the ultimate street party.

Carnivale is a new theme park after-hours spectacular reminiscent of New Orleans and South America complete with all the sights, sounds and dazzling lights.

Head of Entertainment for Village Roadshow Theme Parks, Michael Croaker, said Carnivale will be very popular with families.

“With Carnivale we transform Movie World into a ‘sense sensation’ with incredible sights and sounds and of course the colour and rhythmic beats of New Orleans.

“People who come to experience Carnivale will taste new authentic creole flavours with unique marketta style food. And to top off each night there will be an extravagant street parade and party like no other.”

Carnivale is the third night time entertainment offering at Movie World following the huge success of White Christmas and Fright Nights – both in the last three months of the year.

“Carnivale gives families and all our guests the chance to come out for a special night unlike anything they have seen before and its all about having fun and creating family memories that everyone will treasure,” said Mr Croaker.

The opening night for Carnivale is on the 20th of June and the event will be held on selected nights in June and July until sold out.

“When tickets are released I would encourage people to book early or risk missing out. Last year when we launched ticket sales for Fright Nights and White Christmas many nights sold out quickly and we put additional nights on that also sold out.”

The best way to stay in touch with Carnivale and secure your tickets and to discover more about the event is to visit jointheparty.com.au

That statement is just stupid.

By that logic, the whole park is a money maker and nothing more.

This is simply another event to entertain guests and mark money, which is why the park exists.

Please explain your silly comment.

Reading all the info on the website I think it looks great. Personally think the YouTube video is a little medicore, the VoiceOver guy is terrible,

So the branding is ok now?

“When tickets are released I would encourage people to book early or risk missing out. Last year when we launched ticket sales for Fright Nights and White Christmas many nights sold out quickly and we put additional nights on that also sold out.”

Because every bloody VIP pass holder had a free gold upgrade which gave them entry to WC and HFN... I doubt Carnivale will be as popular if it isn't included in the annual passes.. however - I do envisage a possible marketing campaign to encourage people to renew their VIP passes early and get a free entry to Carnivale... depending on how ticket sales have gone up until then.

one thing I do like is that this is held in the middle of winter - when the sun sets earliest - unlike fright nights which are open for an hour or more before it is 'actually' dark (and therein spoils half the fun with scare actors clearly visible at that point.)

The 9:30 closing time is a bit of a disappointment though - given some 2.5hour+ queues on SE, they'll be closing the queue not long after they open...

I am very glad though that they're doing another night-time event. We've been pushing for years for the park to have more 'year round' nighttime events (even one a month would be awesome)... and given it's the first year, we'll see how things go - they may be inclined to open longer or run more events if this one proves popular - so even with the shorter opening slot, i'm inclined to go along, to check things out and show support for the event...