Movie World - Carnivale

kujotess

Emails went out today from themeparks.com.au "introducing carnivale".

No new information, except a separate web URL - but it's good to see them hyping it a little before tickets are even released.. the wording on the site suggests that more dates will be made available later, (depending on demand I would presume):

Warner Bros. Movie World introduces Carnivale, an all new evening event that is an experience for all your senses.

Featuring the most spectacular parade Movie World has ever produced with amazing themed floats, stunning dancers, mesmerising light displays and unique interactive entertainers.

Carnivale's first ticket release will be on sale soon for selected nights this June.

Visit jointheparty.com.au
now to find out more.

I can't help but feel Carnivale has been inspired by Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando, in itself obviously inspired by Mardi Gras in New Orleans. For me, the highlight of Universal's event was the fantastic evening parade, with the performers throwing beads into the crowds. Some of the floats also had guests chosen earlier in the day throwing the beads as well. Hopefully, Movie World can invoke the same kind of atmosphere.

Edited by bern1992

Odd that it will be bright with sunshine, given the sun doesn't rise until about 6:20am at the moment.

Sorry I don't Check weather reports before posting, clearly you do. I think you could make an assumption that with people asked to arrive at 6am, they won't have started filming at 6:20, so by the time they do the sun will be out. Plus in filming different takes and the editing process you would want consistency in the background environment and lighting in each take. Not sure it there was a point to your post short of wanting to be argumentative

Edited by Brad2912

^ I think that is precisely the idea though, to appeal to a different crowd that probably isn't that interested in Fright Nights. They now have 3 distinctly different night time events and I wouldn't be surprised if next year you got to choose one of the three for your Gold upgrade.

I don't know that the event appeals to me either but I think it's a good offering and I hope it is a success.

. They now have 3 distinctly different night time events and I wouldn't be surprised if next year you got to choose one of the three for your Gold upgrade.

I hope they do well with it, but I'd like to see them continue to offer their themed nights included with the gold pass (all three, not just 'pick one')... increase the price in line with your margin (if they don't go to all three then it's more profit), and then NOT giveaway the gold pass for free. They've given it to enough people, and shown them the value in it - now they need to make it worthy of it's content and charge the right price.

I would say if VIP stays around the $100-110 mark (with no free tix) then the Gold should go to about $170-190, and include all 4 themed nights. That was theres a BENEFIT to spending the extra money, it's cheaper than buying VIP and then booking the night events separately - you could even offer fastpasses for FN at a cut price rate as well...

(for those that caught it - yes I did say 4 nights. If Carnivale is a success, then that puts a nighttime event on in Winter, Spring and Summer... so it only stands to reason that they'd go the next step, and do an event for Autumn... 4 events a year is a big effort, but considering how quickly they turn the park around from Hallowe'en to White Christmas, they could do it all year around (they might need some extra tech crew to help out, but they'd be making a lot more money if they were doing it four times a year too)

All the need now is a warehouse to store it all in.... (soundstages work, provided they aren't required for something else)

Edited by AlexB

They already have something for those that don't want FN. White Christmas.

Yeah but WC is geared towards families and younger kids.

I don't see the issue. Is there an unwritten rule that you can only have 2 night events per year? The tone you are using gives the feeling people who enjoy alternatives basically don't matter and should just suck it up and go to WC.

It's not like Disney, Universal limit themselves in this way.

IMG_8088.jpg

Movie World have started to do a Pre-Parade Promo for Carnivale. Here is just one picture that shows one of the new floats for the parade. I have a tonne more that are uploading but thought I would share one while I wait.

There is also a full video that I'm uploading and should be live in a hour or so at this link. Enjoy!!

http://youtu.be/uOQO4dvDOp4

HOLY SHIT!

The similarities to the Mark Twain here are quite striking. The team have outdone themselves this time - that one photo is enough for me to want to check this out.

I keep looking at this photo and all I can see is the big finale of Fantasmic with all the costumed characters waving streamers.... this is going to be great!

It is very hard for a stage performer to give faultless vocals whilst also dancing and moving around vigorously. studio recordings are usually done standing still where the performer can really concentrate on their vocal control. I don't think it's fair to criticise someone singing live - that alone takes guts.

As for being ahead behind - are the performers wearing earpieces? It is possible for them to receive a wireless audio signal to an earpiece that helps them keep in time with the music from front of house... if they don't have IEM (in-ear monitoring), its extremely likely that they may just be relying on the speakers down main street - and sound takes time to travel over distance (especially that echo-ey tunnel) so they may receive their cues delayed depending on where they are in the park.

(I have no idea your or anyone else's backgrounds [with a few exceptions] so i've explained this so any member might understand this explanation. If i've "dumbed it down" too much for your liking, please just roll with it.)

It is very hard for a stage performer to give faultless vocals whilst also dancing and moving around vigorously. studio recordings are usually done standing still where the performer can really concentrate on their vocal control. I don't think it's fair to criticise someone singing live - that alone takes guts.

I'm not a performer, but have family/friends in that field. I completely understand that dancing and singing at the same time is difficult and will never result in faultless vocals. There are, however, many people who can do this better than others.

I would argue that if the vocalist in the video is the person who will lead the parade, that they should have non dancing role if this is impacting her vocals. She is critical to the overall performance, which is the 'spectacle' of the entire night.

Also if the Audio equipment is playing up, earpiece not working etc, then they need to fix that as it is doing an injustice to the performer

I my self work in the AV Industry. There was quite a few screw ups audio wise yesterday including Austin's mic not working. ( He now leads the parade ). I think the main thing that has thrown the singer off was the backing track could not be herd at first so when it came on she was out of time. Movie World don't use Inner ears or fold backs for everyday performances so it is hard to hear your self sing it is even worse due to all the speakers pointing at the back of your head so that makes it quite hard to sing and keep in time.

Edited by Luke Beazley