Movie World - Carnivale

kujotess

How many people here will be there on Friday night?

Ill be there friday. I was there yesterday. The place looks awesome. But I have to say there is close 200 Moving Head Lights now (yes i counted). In my opinion its a bit too many, but the effect they could do with them would be amazing. The roof is starting to look very cluttered. The food stalls are being constructed over at the old lethal weapon entrance and most of the stalls are in the courtyard between the photoshop and ricks cafe. Food prices are a little on the high side but what can you expect, It's theme park after all.

Sea Food Boil up-$25 Prawns, Clams, Mussels, Potato & Corn boiled in spices & served on the table to share, Louisiana Style! Price Per Person, Minimum 2 People (so $50 Minimum)

Fruity Mock Tails-$7 Flavours: Granny’s Sour Apples, Peach Passion Punch & Banyou Berry Blast

Orleans Dog-$10

Sweet ‘n’ Juicy Corn on the cob-$5

Chicken Wings-$10

Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon-$8

Hot, Smokey, Saucy All-American Ribs-$16

There is more food stalls still to be built.

I went tonight, it was bloody awesome. Parade went for a solid 30 mins, and floats were animated (A snapping alligator, a blinking beauty, a posiedon waving his triton etc). For the earlier part of the night there were jugglers, acrobats, dancers, fire twirlers at every turn through the park.

In terms of food I ate some spicy sausage and chicken gumbo with rice, hot boneless buffalo wings (top marks for these since the sauce was the proper american taste) a serve of curly/crinkle cut "halfsies" fries with ranch and chipotle, a slice of pecan pie w/ icecream, a slice of key lime pie w/ icecream and a peach/mango mocktail. I feel a bit seedy at present as a result, but worth it ($50 on food in total)

I did JL and GL...First night ride on GL and first time I have seen it running all 6 cars.

Edited by Gazza

Yeah tonight was insane. I had to leave before the parade but when they first dropped the rope on main street it went off. Really impressed with everything about this event. Didn't feel the need to go anywhere near any of the rides there was so much entertainment. Top marks for the food too, especially the seafood chowder. I got a whole heap of footage so I'll se what I can do in terms of a video.

I was right up on the left corner facing the screen, but others with me were scattered around.

The Parade video is going to take quite a while to export and upload due to it having many cameras and going for about 30mins in length so i will start to upload some more videos starting with the Blues Brothers Band.

I just drove past MW and the carpark was overflowing and people were still queuing outside. I would say that the event is a sell out.

MW has put this on FB: Hi everyone, if the nights sell out there may be additional nights added in July. We will keep you updated as soon as we know!

Edited by themagician