Movie World - Carnivale

kujotess

I have to say - based on the video alone (good job by the way) I thought the parade was fantastic - but I can't help but think that guests would have been happy with half of that, with more money spent on experiences (just my own opinion).

I love that effort was made to place strip lighting on the ford utes, and the green+purple checker scheme looks great (under the movers, the light makes different parts of the checkers look like they change colour which is a nice effect), but at the same time - random utes (not towing floats) just seemed out of place (although i'm sure they've been sponsored, it doesn't appear to have any sponsorship decals on them).

Last question - how the hell to they achieve a turnaround? Whenever i've been to a parade, i've always been up near daily planet. The fountain is obviously a great turning circle - but i'm stumped how some of these elaborate floats can pass each other (because it doesn't seem like they could all enter the turning circle before some have begun the journey back)...

I'd like to see footage of THAT.

I have to say - based on the video alone (good job by the way) I thought the parade was fantastic - but I can't help but think that guests would have been happy with half of that, with more money spent on experiences (just my own opinion).

I love that effort was made to place strip lighting on the ford utes, and the green+purple checker scheme looks great (under the movers, the light makes different parts of the checkers look like they change colour which is a nice effect), but at the same time - random utes (not towing floats) just seemed out of place (although i'm sure they've been sponsored, it doesn't appear to have any sponsorship decals on them).

Last question - how the hell to they achieve a turnaround? Whenever i've been to a parade, i've always been up near daily planet. The fountain is obviously a great turning circle - but i'm stumped how some of these elaborate floats can pass each other (because it doesn't seem like they could all enter the turning circle before some have begun the journey back)...

I'd like to see footage of THAT.

From what I have been told by one my Camera Guys they have to have two rows of floats next to each other around the fountain. I think i actually have some raw footage that i can upload if you like

No way in hell those floats are side by side around the fountain. It'd be a close shave down main street - which is a "two lane" road, as opposed to a 'single lane' roundabout. If you've got some footage, i'd like to see it. ;)

I will have a look for it now. I wasn't able to see it my self due to being up in main street but after talking to more people a few of which are involved in the parade have told me that they do indeed go side by side around the fountain.

No way in hell those floats are side by side around the fountain. It'd be a close shave down main street - which is a "two lane" road, as opposed to a 'single lane' roundabout. If you've got some footage, i'd like to see it. ;)

I am that "camera guy" luke was talking about. There werent 2 floats side by side around the fountain but directly outside the star cafe and the main gift shop there was. The sugar skull float and the musicals float where side by side. The sugar skull had cameras all around the base so the driver inside had a view of it was going to crash.

I was talking to the crew at Sky Coaster on Friday and they said that they only announced a few nights to gauge how popular it was and when it'd be best to do it. So don't be surprised if they add in a few more nights on top of that.

Yeah it was a smart move for MW to do that. I would except now an extra couple of nights will be added throughout July. I think if they do this event again next year, they should either do it every weekend in June or July.

Heres my Carnivale Review.

I have now experienced Carnivale twice, visiting on the 20th and the 21st of June with both of them being totally different experiences. This review will be organized into three main category’s which are the Music, the Food and of course the Parade. I will then talk about the other entertainment offered at Carnivle.

The first night I was there taking photos and video while trying to experience everything Carnivale has to offer. Then on the second night I was there to have even more fun just riding the rides and experiencing the night as a normal visitor.

So let’s start off with the food.

The Food -

To say the least the Food was Awesome. During the 2 nights I tried the New York Style Pizza, a Grannies Sour Apple Mock-tail Drink, a piece of Key Lime Pie and a serving of Curly Fries with Bacon and Mayo. Everything I ate at Carnivale was great, all the food was way better than the standard everyday theme park food. The prices were a bit on the steep side but it was defiantly worth it. The Pizza sold at Mama Jax’ Pizza was $8 but the pieces were huge. The Cocktails were great, there were 3 flavours which were Granny’s Sour Apples, Peach Passion Punch and Banyou Berry Blast, these were all $7. Each serving of the Key Lime Pie included Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Cherries these were sold at Dixie Die’s House Of Pie among other pies as well. The last thing I tried was the Curly Fries. There is a bit of a process with this one when ordering with quite a few choices. When you first arive at the stand or in this case caravan selling them you are asked to pick one of the three choices of chips which are Sweat Potato, Crinkle or Curly. You can then choice Toppings and or Sauces. The Prices are $7 for just chips than every sauce you get is $1 and every topping you get is $2.

The Music -

Throughout the night there were bands placed all around the park creating a great atmosphere. My favourite venue was the Gotham Stage. It was a great place to just sit down and relax, take everything in and even have a bite to eat. There were a few different acts in this stage, mine being the Blues Brothers Tribute Band who were playing some of their well known songs.

The Parade -

WOW, JUST WOW. The parade that Movie World has put together for Carnivale was just amazing. In total there was # floats, all of them feature animated parts like the crocodile closing it’s mouth and the jester moving his head. This is truly one of the best parades I have ever seen and is up there with parades that are featured everyday in some if the most popular overseas parks.

The Entertainment -

There was so much more entertainment beside the parade and the music. As soon as the rope dropped at the nights Opening Moment Main Street was flooded with Stilt Walkers, Fire Jugglers and other characters. From that point on they were in and out the rest of the night entraining everyone in the food plaza and the rest of the park. Over in the Kids’ WB Fun Zone there was a small stage set up where kid friendly entertainment would preform most of the night, these acts included Jugglers and Musicians. The Looney Tunes gang was also meeting and greeting in the area throughout the night. Silk Acrobats, Fire Jugglers and Dancers were also performing randomly thought the night mostly in Main Street. In my opinion if there was none of these performances the middle part of the event would be a lot more boring. Although there was bands and the parade at the end of the night it was good to have a bit of different entertainment that you don’t find daily in the park.

That concludes my Review of Carnivale 2014 at Warner Bros. Movie World

http://thethemeparkplace.com/news/review-carnivale-simply-spectacular/

Edited by Gazza