2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I'm not stupid... but it's such a dumb way to announce something. If they're going to make a big deal of it do it right.

Not really. With a massive amount of the population connected on facebook it's one of the easiest ways to get the word around where people can "share" and "like" the posts and spread the word better and faster than any advertising can do.

I know from running my own page that FB has changed how your posts show in a news feed. For example, I (sadly) only have 20 people like my page. My latest post was seen by 5 people. That's because the ones who have joined don't usually "like" or "share" or comment on the pictures. As a result, FB decides they don't want to see them any more and they're hidden from the news feed.

The more a post is "interacted" with, the more future posts will show in the news feed. So by asking for "likes" it's just ensuring that future posts they make will show in more of the feeds of their followers without having to pay extra.