2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

agreed, ever since it passed 6 or 7 I was like, Dreamworld... If they've got 7 'big' thrill rides, they mustn't have many family rides... (well they don't, so that's kinda true. now that reef diver's gone... it's like the log ride, TRRR, and shockwave... oh and we mustn't forget about motocoaster.

I agree with your first part about the number of 'big thrill rides' seeming less intimidating the more they add, however I actually think the range of family rides at Dreamworld is a bit more exciting, for kids past most of the WB Kids offerings, but not tall enough for Giant Drop. My 2 year old (under 100cm) still likes the MW kids rides, but absolutely loves being able to go on TRRR and the log ride, and my 5 year old (just shy of 120cm) only really likes the road runner coaster and WWF at MW (we haven't been for a year, so she wasn't yet tall enough for Scooby, and uninterested in JL). AT MW she can get onto everything in Dreamworks (except Pandamonium), Log Ride, TRRR, Motorcoaster (this one is her favourite, as at her age, she sees it as a 'big kids/adults' ride) - we can last all day at Dreamworld, but can barely put in a morning at MW.

Dreamworld have updated their website again, announcing that the Big 9 Thrill Ride and waterside will be opening in September.

And - New Food Outlets and Coffee Shop - Opening Soon (I think if WWW are extending their land for the waterside, they will put the new shops there).

Edited by themagician

Land clearing and construction of a new slide within 4 months? Seems unlikely to me. I'd say it would be making use of one of the existing towers or splash down pools

That's what I was thinking as well. If they put it behind little rippers there is very little land to clear, as there isn't much there. I also don't think they will use another tower. I know people have said they did that with wedgie and no one expected, but I can't honestly see how they will do it this time. If they do build another tower, then that may allow for future slides to be added to it as well. For all we know the pieces of the slide could be on there way right now.

So if DW are getting a flat ride in place of Reef Diver, what do you think/want them to put in? I thought an S&S Screamin' Swing would fit but it's too close to The Claw experience wise.

I don't think they will get a S&S Screamin' Swing. It is too similar to the claw.

We will just have to wait and see. I would expect that by the end of the month work will have started.

When they say waterside it may not necessarily be a big one. Could always be an upgrade to one of the kiddy areas (which would be a disappointment)

That is true, but I really do hope they don't do that.

WWW wish list for me would be a Mammoth, dark Mammoth or Boomerango. In other words, something with big capacity that's different to anything else they have in the park.

A ride like the Taipan at Jamberoo Action Park would be really good.