2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I don't think you can draw any assumptions from the picture as far as what they're doing.

There's no cyclone in the picture because cyclone ISN'T IN the picture from that angle. If you turned the camera 20 degrees to the right, you'd have it.

I also don't think The Claw, which is only 10 years old is in need of as much love as Wipeout. It could be Claw, but there are many other things i'd like to see them deal with first.

They've done a moderately ok job of photoshopping, and I guess it was easier to shop out reef diver than take a new photo with a construction fence in it.

I'm wondering whether they've made the path purple just to make it look different in the shot, or whether they're actually planning on making the path purple (which is hardly 'ocean-y'...)

I was out there today but didn't get any photos (sorry!)

The photo on that sign in ocean parade is relatively small and is blurry in parts so another photo of it wouldn't make much of a difference. What I did notice is that the 'drop zone' sign looks like it could be a dunk machine. I know its an edit of am old photo but it looks like there is a crazy ladder (whatever you call it) and a dunk machine. I might be very wrong but that's just my 2 cents.

Also while in White Water World they were pouring more concrete on the footers so it looks like they are pretty much prepared for supports to start going in. I can also confirm that it will be a topsy turvy (the one which is 3 mini tornados, topsy turvy may be wrong). The lady's description was literally, "3 mini green room things which you can go single or double. My only though with that is the fact that it would more than likely require guests to carry their own tubes and if the stairwell is the same as the Rip's that won't be too much fun.

Nothing much to say about Wipeout and the new thrill ride. I didn't see anyone on the Wipeout site but there was work going on over at the new thrill ride with no noticeable changes. What I did notice though is 4 or 5 shipping containers in the staff car park behind the Flowrider store. Possible for the slide to it won't be too long till things go vertical.

I also noticed a banner on a light pole between the cinema and the 'fudge and nut' which said something along the lines of 'gourmet pizza and coffee shop coming soon". I didn't notice another banner like that in the park so is it possible it will be going into that area.

Hope you had a ball digesting all that text.

I also noticed a banner on a light pole between the cinema and the 'fudge and nut' which said something along the lines of 'gourmet pizza and coffee shop coming soon". I didn't notice another banner like that in the park so is it possible it will be going into that area.

And here we have "major attraction" refurbishment #2 ........... the fudge shop :P

And here we have "major attraction" refurbishment #2 ........... the fudge shop :P

The park always advertised 2 major attraction facelifts and a new coffee shop. I was just speculated on its possible location.

By topsy turvy do you mean Tornado Alley?

I think it's a 'Tornado 12' by the sounds of it. Like what went into Aquatica in Orlando.

EDIT: Just read the 'tornado 12' was formally known as 'topsy-turvy' ;)

Edited by downunder196

The splash down pool looks like it will be near the toilet/locker area beside Pipeline Plunge so the lift would be from a totally different angle. But they wouldn't have it for single or double tubes. I hope they put the path back through to the Temple of Huey but I'm not sure because it would probably mean crossing paths with people carrying rafts from the end of the slide.

^I would say that they would put the path back in, otherwise people won't be able to have easy access from the splashdown pools of the RIP and the new slide, especially if they wanted to ride again. At the moment though I can't picture how the slide will go. How will the start of the slide be positioned at the top of the tower. Will it go the opposite way of the RIP or will it start next to the conveyor belt for the RIP, does anyone have any ideas? And if it is a single/double rider slide, I would like to think that the staircase would have to be widened. Unless the slide uses the 4 seater tubes. Then the conveyor belt could be used. If so, that would mean the splash down pool would be linked to the of the RIP.

To me this seems like a possibility:

post-29557-0-68950800-1405407440_thumb.p

Also, Dreamworld have announced that the new food outlets will be pizza, coffee shop (as downunder said) and a sandwich bar.

Edited by themagician