2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I found WipeoutDreamworldFans videos on YouTube. Here's some of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFW3AnRxyOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGR7X3spIAQ

They are done, just been busy today sorry.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCdp6q8Klr0zY4YOTO3eNXkg

There are 6 videos, each with a different cycle. Please read the description of each video as it has some information. Enjoy guys.

Great videos. I subbed to your channel :)

Edited by Gary86

I think it's awesome that the Wipeout got its refurb - it's been overdue for one for a long, long time. The general consensus in the park, not just from the guests but also from a staff vantage point - was that it was extremely dilapidated and needed some work done...some heavy work. It's good to see a proactive step from the park to makeover the ride and get it back to what some might call its 'former glory'.

Well, if I was to mention all the rides that had planned refreshes, we could cover 90% of the attractions. No offence to my wonderful former employee! However, it was honestly almost as if there were always rides that were going to be touched up - and they picked a piece of paper out of a hat to decide on which one. The only refreshes that I am under the impression are going ahead are (were) the Wipeout and the Rocky Hollow Log Ride.

:-)

Since i uploaded those 6 testing videos I expect a few good pictures and videos of it you guys when it opens ;) It sucks living away from the theme parks and when you are in year 12 you really can not get there out of school holidays. The opening is so close now, enjoy the opening day when it happens everyone :)

So by the looks of the photo there will be no pool of water below.

Dreamworld said to me on Facebook they will, the staff at Dreamworld two weeks ago said they are after months of changing their minds and a few photos back from around a month ago they were waterproofing the pool.

One thing that never made sense to me was getting rid of the water underneath the ride. We were told on numerous occasions it was for 'water conservation' reasons while other times we were told anything and everything under the sun - from the 'vomit in the water' idea to the 'mosquitoes' reason. I don't think even Dreamworld really knew why it was done after it was done - I mean, there must have been an initial reason, then it was actioned, then it was up to time and anyone's guess as to why. So many stories have been told over the years in the park by various staff and whenever it came up in meetings and things, it was just one of those 'ha ha ha, let's move on' topics.

I think the refresh is great its shown dreamworld can actually do something if they put there minds to it. In that second photo the light pole is out of place they need to take it out or put it over near claw. Overall I think the refresh on wipeout is awesome can't wait until the rocky hollow log ride gets it turn. (Hopefully) :-)

I was told by a few senior engineers it was due to corrosion, which makes sense to me.

Wipeout was designed to have water in the base - and we were always told the main reason was water restrictions. The gradual deterioration of the ride only helped the cause to drain the lagoon. It started to look like water in a ugly-shade-of-blue plastic base.

It would be really good if the Claw was refurbished. Back to the day where the paint was shiny, there was a well themed garden around it and the waiting area was perfectly themed for the outdoors. But sadly the Claw, Log ride and river rapids are all in desperate need for a revamp, so i think that some will need it more than others. *Cough* log ride. But seeing that a lot is happening to the park right now all these things might happen.