2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Return of fluffy the shark?

Maybe they will add some water mist sprayers above each seat, so at certain points you get a bit wet.

Anyway, why was Fluffy and the water removed from the ride. Was it for similar reasoning of the Surfrider having the spray removed?

Edited by themagician

Yes exiting via the turbine room has been in place since WWW was built.

What I'm asking is,

Usually you queue up the outside to a rope and a door. You wait there until a load of people was from your left on the outside stairs before the OP dropping the rope and you walk into the station.

Now when the ride finishes, you do not exit via the stairs. You exit via the doors you enter from and walk back down into the turbine room.

edit - Also, this video kind of shows how bad the lake/river/whatever is now the boat doesn't go around. Imagine this everywhere in the water. You can't see anything but green.

Edited by reanimated35

How can they change the queue for Wipeout to make it more efficient without losing the rider lockers?

Well, for starters - load the gondola from the queue side, and unload on the op booth side. Who cares if people take 5 minutes to walk behind the wave, it's the time it takes to get everyone on board where the best time can be saved.

Potentially - a grouper bringing the load into the queuehouse to drop their loose items whilst the ride is still cycling would probably help too.

Ok, so last time I was at the park it was busy enough for Q4U. This time I actually queued like a peasant for Cyclone. How long has the queue been all the way down to the OP booth? The exit is now also back on the inside of the building without the need to walk down the outside steps.

This seems to be the way they do things for the cyclone during off peak with one operator ops, and during peak it's the old, butchered way which has been in force since WWW came along.

Didn't they already do that filling up the wave when it was busy?

But thats just it - when it's busy, they have extra staff and that IN ITSELF speeds up operations. This 'rejigging' sounds like something that will take into account a skeleton crew.

So we might actually be getting something decent!

1. no.
  2. it's dreamworld
  3. still no.

Could we maybe get something along the lines of a Zacspin or Stingray coaster? It would fit I would have thought.

1. Zacspin - wash your mouth out.
  2. Stingray would be a fitting replacement for the... stingray.

Although the park has shown a tendency to cram everything into that one corner, i think another coaster in that area would seriously overbalance the mixture. (Yes, i'm aware Thunderbolt and Cyclone existed well together there, but that was before 'adrenalin alley' and WWW.

Would we get one of those by September though?

Extremely unlikely they'd get a coaster up by september unless it was a traveller - and even if they could, theres nothing on GCCC to suggest they've approved something of that nature... so since approvals haven't even started - what's coming isn't going to be too hard to knock together in a few months.

Edited by AlexB

You are of course correct (My Wife has just taken many pains to explain the intricacies of BAs and DAs etc) - however we have on many occasions identified a ride or attraction coming to the parks before they arrived on site, and verified this info on one of the council development sites... that was all I meant...

I 'think' you'll find that if it exceeds a certain height, or is in a park boundary where noise issues may be concern, there will be an approval on the GC PDonlinr website. I don't know that's the reasoning but only reason I can think why Buzzsaw was listed but not Shockwave, green lantern but not justice league.

The company that Dreamworld has to do there approvals seem to take along time to notify council. If you look up the bz or big brother house you will see by the dates on pdonline would not line up. I last looked around one week ago and nothing was up for the big brother house but I know that construction has already started on it. Might even be that Dreamworld has told the company they use not to send the information on to council to stop us finding out lol.

I 'think' you'll find that if it exceeds a certain height, or is in a park boundary where noise issues may be concern, there will be an approval on the GC PDonlinr website. I don't know that's the reasoning but only reason I can think why Buzzsaw was listed but not Shockwave, green lantern but not justice league.

Justice league is there you just have to know where to look. Sometimes when looking for this stuff you have to think like the person who updated the system. For example some approvals for Dreamworld you can find if you look up Dreamworld. If you look up Ardent Leisure you will find other approvals for Dreamworld that does not mention Dreamworld at all. I think it comes down to what the person at the time writes on the application. If you look up Dreamworld it has the new town centre under it but we all know Dreamworld does not own that land and it should be under Westfield.

Some of mw approvals are under village road show and I have even seen some under wnw.

Edited by skeetafly