2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Exactly. Once a guy jumped the fence well it was back when they had wooden poles and rope and he went into the pool to grab his phone he dropped in last cycle and the ride op had to do an e-stop, that e-stop basically killed wipeout for the rest of the day, motors overheated. Some people just do not listen and that is what they get. But if they knew Wipeout twists turns and goes upside down it would be common sense to not take loose items on with you.

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

Exactly. Once a guy jumped the fence well it was back when they had wooden poles and rope and he went into the pool to grab his phone he dropped in last cycle and the ride op had to do an e-stop, that e-stop basically killed wipeout for the rest of the day, motors overheated. Some people just do not listen and that is what they get. But if they knew Wipeout twists turns and goes upside down it would be common sense to not take loose items on with you.

People like that just need to no go into public entertainment areas and are the ones who ruin it for everyone.

Looks great but I was hoping to see water running down the wave? From previous updates it looked like the outlet pipes are still up there? The water level in the pool looks too low and the row of jets at the back? That's different! They used to be at the front, maybe about 3 of them? I remember the riders on either end would get absolutely drenched from those. These new ones seem to be the same kind as is featured on the main splash down at WWF and provide more of a spray than a soak

Overall I'm thrilled to see the effort DW is putting in and really chuffed how they are turning their attention to revitalising the favourite parts of the park!

I noticed in the Sunday Mail article it was mentioned that the new ride and slide were a part of the Park's current 2.5 million dollar investment program.. Wtf? Is this a typo? So a new ride, new slide and 2 basically rebuilt classics? - all for 2.5 mil?

I think its fantastic the park has given the ride a decent life renewal, especially at a time where a few of us were preparing to say goodbye to the ride. You could almost say it is back to its former glory. But I think the big question on everybodys mind is, will they maintain it, and, where is the swimming shark?

Now, if only the Tower of Terror's refurb was as good as this...

Yeah the current program is shorter but still does 2 inversions at the start, bit of flipping then a double backflip on an angle then the usual double backflip but from the front instead from the back.

They will be playing around with the cycles as the weeks and months goes on though, they always do.

They used program 1 in 1994, they used it on busier days but still provided great thrill.

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

I see... program 1 is still pretty awesome though! I'd never been on the wipeout when its done the diagonal lock inversion... only the horizontal one so that was pretty cool ;)

http://i.imgur.com/fvk45qy.jpg

Just wondering in terms of where im positioned in this photo... is this where the main achor point (the main shaft) will be going in the ground? And the sky flyers will start in between the two rows or wooden poles? Would just like some clarification if possible :D

Yeah the current program is shorter but still does 2 inversions at the start, bit of flipping then a double backflip on an angle then the usual double backflip but from the front instead from the back.

They will be playing around with the cycles as the weeks and months goes on though, they always do.

They used program 1 in 1994, they used it on busier days but still provided great thrill.

Does any1 know when that T-rek was removed from the fountain??? Edited by Jakev8

I found a new video on Youtube:

Also for the people that have been on the new Wipeout, is the inside of the wave any different?

Inside the wave they've basically just patched up all the window things that used to be in there and taken out the surfboards etc. so now it's just plain blue tunnel all the way through