2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Went to Dreamworld again today and finally got to try out the Wipeout. I must say I was very impressed, the only con I have about the ride is that the pool takes forever to fill during the day and is barely filled. The ride itself was amazing and if you looking for the wet factor, sit on the front as you are bound to get wet at some point on the ride as the water cannons do give you a good soaking. Ended up riding it 5 times during the day and got the first ride of the day.

If I had to rate my experience I'd give it a 9.5/10 just due the pool barely being full.

WWW maintenance schedule has been added and the RIP will be closed from the 04/08 - 08/08 (inclusive). So maybe some parts of the slide will be installed during this time. Also, the Temple of Huey Tower is closed from the 11/08 - 05/09 (inclusive). Would this be due to the Triple Vortex?

If anyone is going there today could they please get some photos.

And we have an official opening

After 20 years of service and 7 million riders, Dreamworld’s iconic Wipeout will re-open today after undergoing a major facelift. The WIPEOUT’s relaunch is the first installment to Dreamworld’s makeover of OCEAN PARADE, also home to THE CLAW, SHOCK WAVE, FLOWRIDER, CYCLONE and ZOMBIE EVILUTION.

TAIL SPIN – Dreamworld’s BIG 9 THRILL RIDE

. As the newest addition of Dreamworld’s world-famous THRILL RIDE slate, the TAIL SPIN now officially transforms the Big 8 to Big 9 Thrill Rides alongside the TOWER OF TERROR II, GIANT DROP, BUZZ SAW, CLAW, WIPEOUT, MOTOCOASTER, PANDAMONIUM AND THE CYCLONE ROLLER COASTER.

I think the reason why they havent filled the water in the pool all the way up is because of the new extended pathway, as you can see in parkz picture. If they had it all the way up it would flood onto the pathway. That is my thought though, they could probably fill it up a tad more but we'll have to see if they do. Thanks for the video Ninja :)

post-2866-0-29792800-1407047985_thumb.jp

most unlucky dreamworld day ever for me on Pandamonium with my friend and at the end my car wouldn't stop swinging so we sat their for 15 to 20 minutes to get it to stop spinning then my harness wouldn't come off after that to TOT2 and the ride had technical difficulties so we left the line than came back 2 hours or so and 2 from the front the ride breaks down AND after all that we went to the buzzsaw and my harness wouldn't lock so they unlocked all the harnesses and mine finally locked but all i was thinking was i'm going to fall out hahahaha.

Tail spins progress today was the small building was layered with old looking wood so yeah.

That is all.

I went down there today, though sadly didn't get to try out Wipeout, but did get to watch it for a while, it seemed to be well enjoyed. Had my 5 year old, and we thought she'd be close to 120cm, but just missed out by maybe half a centimetre to get on. The operator on Shockwave did his best to see if she could stretch up enough, but we have high hopes for next visit. Overall they seem to be cleaning a few things up - I'm sure there was a bit less crap under shockwave, the lake looked the best it has in an age.

I went down there today, though sadly didn't get to try out Wipeout, but did get to watch it for a while, it seemed to be well enjoyed. Had my 5 year old, and we thought she'd be close to 120cm, but just missed out by maybe half a centimetre to get on. The operator on Shockwave did his best to see if she could stretch up enough, but we have high hopes for next visit. Overall they seem to be cleaning a few things up - I'm sure there was a bit less crap under shockwave, the lake looked the best it has in an age.

We've had that trouble, shoes make a big difference, my youngest is ok in sneakers but not thongs.