2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I was at Dreamworld today, pretty quiet however a few things have happened. Firstly the claw is getting a re paint everywhere except the top motor area. Approximately half of the ride has had it's paint stripped and is a dull grey. Anyway the central column for tail spin us up as well as the main control hut. (The control room isn't the one pictured in 'themagician's' photos but is behind it instead.) They seem to be using a reasonable amount of themeing (Nice job DR) as there is a medium sized plane model as well as some other bits and pieces in the area with the Vortex's parts. MDMC is also missing a train (Not operation and not in the maintenance bay).

Sorry, no photos as I only had my 4th gen iPod with me which is extremely fuzzy.

Edited by nitromefans

^Thanks for that update. It's good to hear that they are giving the claw a much needed repaint. Is it closed, or would you say they are just doing the work at night? And, it's good to hear that the plane will be featured with the theming of tail spin.

Also, the GD is under maintenance at the end of the month, so the on ride video cameras may be installed then.

Except when you're waiting in line on your own and there are empty seats every cycle.

I think when there is a line every ride should be single rider, ie you get on in the order you are lined up until the seats are full.

The luxury of leaving seats empty so people can fit their entire group on a ride at once should only be allowed at quiet times, after all it is a ride not a table at a cafe.

I think a rule like that would quickly change the way people queue and great increase efficiency.

Single rider works well on fast loading rides where lots of spare seats are likely to come up and turnover quickly, and particularly on rides where vehicles hold 6 or have 3 across seating.

Test Track, Radiator Springs Racers, SFMMs green lantern, Mammoth at Holiday World.....all examples where it works well.

On a flat ride it becomes less than necessary. The attendant can pre batch a group to fill all seats, and if they come up under its not hard to call from the front of the line for a group of 2 etc to fill the last couple of seats.

Single rider on something like the claw I think would have the potential to be a real time waster for people trying to use that queue....I mean realistically, I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 or 3 cycles, so if you were only getting one spare seat per cycle, all it would take is just two or 3 people in the singles queue and they'd effectivley be waiting the same amount of time as the main queue, and thats assuming a single seat comes up on each cycle.

I think when there is a line every ride should be single rider, ie you get on in the order you are lined up until the seats are full.

The luxury of leaving seats empty so people can fit their entire group on a ride at once should only be allowed at quiet times, after all it is a ride not a table at a cafe.

Nice in theory, but parks also have to juggle customer satisfaction and they defintley would take a hit in that respect if family groups were being broken up.

Just drove past WWW and I'm not 100% sure on this, but it seemed to appear that they have add stairs that come down from the top of the tower, which will lead to the start of triple vortex. It was only at a quick glance, so I am probably wrong, but can anyone confirm this?

Edited by themagician