2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Given that Dreamworld's Digital Marketing team are not always on the ball, thought I should share this.

To celebrate the upcoming launch of Dreamworld's Big 9 Thrill Ride, we are giving you EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to ride Tail Spin before it officially opens!

Date: Friday 19th September
Gates open: 9.30am
Exclusive Access: Until 3.00pm

This launch event is exclusive for Passholders.

post-2212-0-94887400-1410746540_thumb.pn

Edited by Jordan M.

was at Dreamworld today and i must say Tailspin is looking great and is ready for riding. Tailspin queue lines were up and i can confirm that there will be a single rider queue. Tailspins singage is up and there is a propeller that actualy spins. Rest of the park is looking great and must say the Dreamworks area is amazing and would easly compare to Kids WB at WovieWorld. Wipeout was running smooth today. (i forgot how fun Wipeout is.)

Edited by lolman123

Lolman, for the benefit of everyone on this forum, is there any chance before you reply or post comments that you can re-read your post and check it for spelling/grammatically errors. No one expects people to use proper sentence structure, or minds the occasional typo, but that last post was littered with errors, which really takes away from whatever point you are trying to make.

As for Dreamworks easily comparing to WB Kids at MW, I'd say it's categorically, indisputably about a gazillion times better than WB Kids.

Does anyone else take issue with the single rider queue?

I know they've started bringing that in where they can, and i'm a big fan of single rider queues for re-rides of attractions with a 2 hour wait... but since all the ride-pods are single seat - how likely are they going to need single riders that they can't just call forward out of the queue (like superman or batwing)

I've just ridden the ride and can tell you it's surprisingly very neat. The area is atmospherically themed in the same way the claw and wipeout are. It's clean and has some really cool details which make the ride very unique in its new little location. Overall ocean parade is looking great. I've shot some onride footage today too, so those who can't wait can get a feel for what the ride is like before Friday. Expect to see that go live late tonight. Without ruining the surprise, Parkz was also on deck this morning grabbing some great footage of tailspin - I'd dare say you guys are going to be really spoilt this time by the amount of coverage and attention we've all given it. Well done Dreamworld - call me incredibly impressed.

There's heaps of new steel bollards around the claw and tailspin that are brand new that are painted to look like people. It's really cool and is an "only Dreamworld" special touch. The geeks will notice that not only are the restraints automatic like wipeout but require no seatbelt either and are the same system that adventure world have on abyss. It's relatively comfortable on the whole but fair warning for the lads, it'll be a snug fit around the crotch if you're talk and skinny, if you know what I mean.

There's audio in the queue line simulating planes flying over. Right now it's a smidge too loud but in saying that, when they have a hundred people lining up it could be the perfect volume.

Saw some of the progress on the Triple Vortex on my way home from Movie World. So far it looks like it's almost done. Not too sure on the colour scheme though.

On that note, has anyone at WWW heard of paint? Because all the slides were looking visibly tired and faded.

Edited by Zanstabar

That will be switched off next week.

Does the Buzzsaw theming work yet? Last time I went, TVs in the queue were sporadic and the saw outside wasn't spinning. (Actually time before last, last time I went it was closed for maintenance.)

when i went the other day it was working.

There's heaps of new steel bollards around the claw and tailspin that are brand new that are painted to look like people. It's really cool and is an "only Dreamworld" special touch.

yeah i saw those the other day.

Saw some of the progress on the Triple Vortex on my way home from Movie World. So far it looks like it's almost done. Not too sure on the colour scheme though.

On that note, has anyone at WWW heard of paint? Because all the slides were looking visibly tired and faded.

i think the slides that need a repaint the most are Green Room, Temple of Huey and The BRO. (Little Rippers needs a major clean. From the cyclone queue yesterday i could see slimey algie stuff up arond the top of the bowl. it really looked gross.

Edited by lolman123

I'm pretty sure we've discussed previously why they can't just 'repaint' the slides.

it's not paint. The colour is moulded into the slide piece. What they need to do is either pick colours that won't look as atrocious when faded, or go with something that offers better UV protection.

Here's a little video I shot and cut of the media event today. Have to agree with Slick it's a nice ride - certainly challenging to get it spinning properly but that's half the appeal. It's very rerideable. For someone that absolutely hates spinning rides I really enjoyed it. It can be as tame or as nauseating as you want it to be - I found a nice inbetween and thought it was fantastic. Great addition.

Here's a little video I shot and cut of the media event today. Have to agree with Slick it's a nice ride - certainly challenging to get it spinning properly but that's half the appeal. It's very rerideable. For someone that absolutely hates spinning rides I really enjoyed it. It can be as tame or as nauseating as you want it to be - I found a nice inbetween and thought it was fantastic. Great addition.

Some really nice cinematography in that video. Looks like a great ride. It's not enough to make me get a season pass, but this and the Wipeout is really starting to make me think about buying one.