2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

the 3 staff members (sans the guy that served me) were laughing and chatting as I was one of only 2 people in the outlet, and I notice a new pizza is sitting there on display.

I'm glad the staff are allowed to be friendly and social when things are quiet. I'm curious why you waited 15 minutes when they told you 5 - i'd have been back there 5 minutes later to check.

I'm not having a go at you, or anyone who has a bad experience at a park, but whenever people are being inconvenienced or provided with poor customer service, the story is always that the staff were laughing or chatting or on their phones. It conjures images like this one:

post-152-0-02115700-1418860455_thumb.jpg

Again - i'm not saying it isn't true - I wasn't there... However your post suggests the staff were doing something wrong by "laughing and chatting", but I can't say i've ever witnessed staff at any outlet carrying on unprofessionally or outside acceptable limits, for one - goofing off tends to be frowned upon by supervisors - who may or may not be lurking around the corner... believe me they do try and catch staff out, and it isn't worth their job.

By all accounts it was a quiet day - and given that the guy that served you finished for the day, my guess is on the later side of 3pm. When things quiet down, and there isn't much to keep the staff occupied - i'm much happier that they'd be laughing and smiling than standing at the counter like this:

post-152-0-79404900-1418860811_thumb.jpg

Maybe stop assuming Alex...

Let's see, I was solo with my 2 year old son, so was feeding him, not just sitting around, though even if I was just sitting around, why should I have to chase up my order??

It was about 2pm. I have no issue with staff members joking around, in fact as a manager of a service based industry I encourage it, but not at the expense of customer service.

I also stated a had a great experience the previous time, so unless you are one of the 'Dough Bros' yourself, I see absolutely no reason why you bothered with that in depth defense of the staff in a situation you were not present for.

The only assumption I made was that it was on the later side of 3pm... which is a fair call given the park opens at 10, and most service based occupations work on a 4-5hour minimum shift.

I did state I was curious why you waited 15 minutes. You didn't state anything about your son in your first post. But curiosity isn't making assumptions - it's enquiring further detail.

You stated 3 staff were laughing and chatting. It came off as though you disapproved. You didn't state anything about having to wait for them to finish their conversation, while you stood there watching them goofing off... so i'll make another assumption and presume that that didn't happen, and you weren't inconvenienced by their idle social chatter.

Clearly based on previous posts, I'm not one of the 'Dough Bros' - nor should I have to be to point out you were being deliberately negative regarding the experience. It would seem the only person in this situation deserving of your ire would be the guy who clocked off at 2pm and didn't do a handover with the remaining staff.

Was their laughter or chatter impeding you completing your transaction? Did it make any difference? No? (you didn't suggest that it did) Then why mention it? You say "at the expense of customer service" but at no time have you suggested that there was such an expense... except that you didn't get your food when it was promised, which was clearly not the fault of those "laughing and chatting" cast members, because the guy you dealt with didn't pass the info on...

6 sentences is hardly in depth... simply a response to the situation you described... and you SHOULDN'T have to chase up your order... but if told 5 minutes, I wouldn't wait FIFTEEN before checking on it. Clearly someone had forgotten about you... these things happen...

I don't work for any of the theme parks. As i've made quite plain I DID work for a theme park many years ago.

I'm sick of cast members getting verbally bashed on here because somebody had a mildly inconvenient experience and they want to make it sound much worse than it was.

I have friends who work at the parks. I visit them sometimes whilst they are on shift. We chat, have a laugh - but the guest always comes first. On here we've had everything from cast members ignoring guests whilst chatting to each other, to cast members playing on their phones whilst operating a ride (major safety issue if true)... but it always seems to be blown out of proportion.

Hold on...

Someone asked about the prices and type of food, I responded. I didn't jump on here and make a 'complain thread'. There was ZERO embellishment and I don't need anyone to pat me on the back, or support to feel better (WTF??) it was my experience. That is all.

I didn't say "no one go there it's terrible". I said it how it was and then pointed out it was great the prior visit. I'll likely still go back next time too.

I'm not angry at the staff, they weren't busy and were having a laugh & that's fine. In any service industry though, if a customer is waiting longer than expected and staff don't appear busy, it casts negative thoughts in the customer, rightly or wrongly. I deal with it with my own staff regularly.

Someone of you just seem to jump down people's throats if they dare speak a negative word about a park or experience. I didn't sensationalise it, I just told my experience. Next time I won't bother.

Before it opened WWW were advertising it as their latest thrill slide.

I can see your point, but I personally think tailspin is a great addition. Yes, it is another spinning ride, but it is unique. It's as thrilling as you want it to be. There are more thrilling rides in the park, but if you can get the planes to spin it can become a thrilling ride.

Dreamworld opening hours extended, with the park closing at 8pm from Dec 27 - Jan 18th, with Illuminate laser show each night.

Think this is a great iniative for the park and something I'd love to see MW replicate.

Also Screamworld confirmed for every Friday night in Jan from 6:30-10pm with WWW open as well for $20pp (park closes normal time 5pm on these days)

Dreamworld Update:

I went to Dreamworld yesterday saw few things that should be mentioned out

Dreamworld TV is now installed, They have it in TailSpin, Wipeout, The Claw at the moment, I think they played a Star Wars movie in the Wipeout queue line while in The Claw they just posted adverts like, (e.g Dough Bros now open near Dreamworks!)

Sandwich Bar is now open, It's where the Pizza Shack was,

Big Brother's third place contestant Skye will be at Dreamworld from Today until New Years Eve if anyone is intersted,

Not anything interesting but anyways I did Zombies a few times yesterday and got a score 4520, high score that I have got so far was 5460 back in May, I used the gun "Mad Mike" for yesterday's match and the match that I got high score from, not anything interesting as well someone got 8060 yesterday..

anyways that's all folks! Ninja! ☺️