2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

TheMagican this was taken from the dreamworld page in passholders benefits

Oh really. Well there you go then. I'm looking forward to all of these.

I'm looking forward to this. I hope the make over will be for the cyclone. The new Big 9 thrill ride will either be replacing the Reef Diver or Mine Ride and the waterside will obviously be going out the back of WWW, behind the little rippers. I hope the water slide is something that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before.

The new Big 9 thrill ride will either be replacing the Reef Diver or Mine Ride

the waterside will obviously be going out the back of WWW, behind the little rippers.

I'm not sure that a 'big thrill' would be a 'replacement' for Reef Diver... mine ride though - sounds good. Coming Soon? Well one would presume it was 'THIS YEAR' so we should already have some rumblings somewhere - PDonline or internal whispers somewhere - Where's Gazza when you need him? Good news all round though - it may even mean it's time to buy another DW pass.

How do you come to the conclusion that the waterslide will OBVIOUSLY go out the back behind rippers? The last addition was attached to the same tower as the green room (Wedgie) which I don't think any of us would have picked - so how do you reach the conclusion that they're obviously building on the remaining section of the thunderbolt site? Anyone have any ideas on what they could bring it that would be an 'Aus first' ?

Joz - i'm with you on the fairly small flat.... god I hope not.

Does anyone think that the makeover of 2 major attractions as opposed to 'rides' may point towards something other than a ride being the additional to Wipeout? DW Theatre perhaps. I know rides are also attractions and it could very well be another ride getting a facelift. I hope it is cyclone or MDMC. Not sure what you could do to GD to re-furb it other than the queue house.

Surely there is no way they can fit a major thrill ride into the Reefdiver footprint. Not a decent one anyway. Fingers crossed for a mine ride replacement.

Excited to finally see something new in WWW as well

Surely there is no way they can fit a major thrill ride into the Reefdiver footprint. Not a decent one anyway.

The reef diver and surrounding garden area takes up quite a large chunk of real estate, then there's the space once occupied by stingray and plenty of wasted space, so believe it or not there is quite a large chunk of room in that corner of the park that could easily be better used.

I don't think it will be the cinema because it says a major attraction. I don't see the cinema as a major attraction. The cyclone, log ride and river rapids are the best bet.

The cinema could be a major attraction if they converted it into a 4D cinema and put decent movies on, unlikely to be the case though.

The rapids would be a great option to update with new features, a fluent theme and it would also help if u actually get wet, which rarely occurs

Just a question: How long was the naming rights agreement with Mick Doohan? It has been 7 years and it may be about to expire forcing a rename / retheme. I personally think that the ride could be made more exciting by adding structures (racing related, such as grandstands, flags, perhaps a goodyear tyre type tunnel) in close proximity to the track. Just a thought.

Surely there is no way they can fit a major thrill ride into the Reefdiver footprint. Not a decent one anyway. Fingers crossed for a mine ride replacement.

The Doomsday plan at MW was going to fit inside Superman - it'd be a decent fit around the reef diver area too... maybe DW are giving a little payback to VR for the Aqualoop coup?

I just think they haven't had a new ride there for a few years now, so they must (hopefully) have a good water slide in the plan. I don't see where else they could put a new ride.

Or it could be they haven't had a new ride there for a few years because they want to keep the vacant land for other purposes?

I didn't have any hopes for a eureka replacement so I'm not surprised by this.

I'm putting my bet on the ride replacing reef diver being a Star Flyer. I'd be really happy with that, since Star Flyers are pretty fun rides and not really the spin and spew sort - or at least my mother, who gets motion sickness from teacups, doesn't find Star Flyers to be nauseating.