2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

If that is so they may remove the outside two slides and install the new slide(s) there. I can't see any problem with that!

I can't see why they would remove the outside lane. That would provide next to no extra room. I honestly don't see how they can add an extra slide to this tower. There is no room on the RIP side of the tower. The only room is on the level of the BRO at the far end. But that goes out onto the pipeline plunge and a small grassed area, which I don't think provides enough room for a slide (as shown by Gazza).

They could do a WnW Phoneix and just hang the side off the side of the racing slide platofrm.

article-2374773-1AF3023A000005DC-722_634

Given the size land compared to the pool already in place, they'd have to re-route the path. You were saying that it would stay the same, but I disagree.

The land is there because when they first designed the park they probably wanted landscape buffers. There's nothing saying you have to have a minimum separation....Nothing a barrier can't fix.
Have a look at the Tantrum and Raft Slide at Watermarc in Melbourne at the far side. The flat walkway leading to the stairs is literally pressed right against the slide runout.

Watermarc-waterslide-300x200.jpg

I made a quick visit to Dreamworld today, a very quiet day for visitation but alas there is plenty of things happening. There is garden beds being dug up in the water park and barriers everywhere in Ocean Parade. In the water park, it looks like some landscape makeover.The Reef Diver has been removed. The 2 engineers working on the site said there is a new ride coming soon from Italy, but would not say what type of ride. Painting refresh is happening on the old Wipe-Out site, but no sign of the ride can be seen.

I made a quick visit to Dreamworld today, a very quiet day for visitation but alas there is plenty of things happening. There is garden beds being dug up in the water park and barriers everywhere in Ocean Parade. In the water park, it looks like some landscape makeover.The Reef Diver has been removed. The 2 engineers working on the site said there is a new ride coming soon from Italy, but would not say what type of ride. Painting refresh is happening on the old Wipe-Out site, but no sign of the ride can be seen.

Which garden beds are being dug up?

^God i hope not.

I went to Dreamworld today and noticed quite a few changes. Wipeout was getting a plain grey undercoat of paint, the wooden porch thing that was over the pool underneath wipeout was being ripped up and some of the fencing was being dismantled. I also saw the queue line being dismantled.

The next big thing i noticed was a sign on the construction fence around reef diver saying "The Big 9 Thrill rides are evolving... Watch here for a new SPIN opening in September 2014." Sounds like it is going to spin a bit. To be honest I would;t be surprised if we got a Zamperla PowerSurge or the Fabbri Sky Swinger.

I would say that they are going to have a Sky Swinger.

Is that just an opinion?

History suggests they've got a good working relationship with Zamperla (who no doubt build plenty of SPINNY things) - Fabbri are (in my own opinion) more of a carny ride builder and are less likely the ones supplying this "thrill" ride.

I'd honestly much prefer a Power Surge ride to a Starfliers... unless it was a decent height one (More than 50m or so). If they were to go for one smaller than that i'd actually prefer they went with a more classic looking Wave Swinger model. My opinion on the Starfliers is unless you are going for a real big one (such as the New England Sky Screamer at SFNE) it wouldn't be as effective... can you imagine Dreamworld building one that was the same height as the current Dreamworld tower?!