2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

yeah true... oh well im happy to wait... All this nostalgia about old rides makes me wanna make a documentary about the history of the park... get my hands on as much old commercial and home video footage as i can haha... would love to dive deeper into the old culture and look of the park and interview the management and get there point of view on where they see the park heading...

EDIT: Also found some old footage of the Wipeout in 1994... for some reason... i could be mistaken... but it didn't have a fence around it? O.o

http://youtu.be/4bal-EtNwok

Edited by BTTF Forever

I never realised how worn out the ride had become and the effects they had taken away from the ride. The repurbishment is definetly going to make the ride like it originally was.

Also, if you watch episode 1 of the Dreamworld archieve, it is of the bushranger show guests watched when on the paddle boat. At 6:40 there is a waterfall that goes into the river, if DW turned this back on it might make the river a bit cleaner.

^I just think that with the Wipeout re-opening next month and the new water slide and thrill ride opening this September, the parks might want to make these the key focus for the year. And if they were to close another major ride after these all open, then depending on how major refurbishment it is, it may run into the summer holidays, when parks try to have all of their rides open. I think, like we have this year, will see what ride will be getting the upgrade in January on the scheduled maintenance list, it will close after holidays and then work will begin. That is just my opinion though.

Edited by themagician

I think that's what magician was trying to say...

The 2nd expected re-fresh will probably occur 1st half 2015.

In saying that, the T&C's also state ride launch dates are subject to change, so they could scrap the 2nd re-fresh altogether if they wanted to. There is no longer any mention of it in the Passholder Benefits area

Edited by Brad2912

What do you do to re-vamp cyclone realistically?

Change the train? Fresh lick of paint. Re-theme the queue house? None of it really going to change the ride experience so why spend the money. Something like the Rapids could be completely overhauled both theme wise & effects wise and completely change the experience. I'd rather see that

I think they should fix the cyclone so I don't come off it with a sore neck and brused legs and arms. Now I just don't even bother going on it because it doesn't provide any joy. So yes they should replace the train, repaint it and fix up the queue line and station. But as Brad said, it doesn't provide a complete makeover to the ride. If they do this to cyclone I won't be complaining, but it would be good also if they refurbished the river rapids or log ride.