2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Tonight on the NRL footy show they ride the GD and on the footage you can see a bar attached, as said by downunder196. My guess is that the cameras will be installed and tested during their maintenance in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: They just played the footage and they had a camera attached to that bar. Camera was a a good angel and you could see the expressions on their faces. If they do the same for the public it will be good and worth the money.

Edited by themagician

I'm gunna bet dollars for donuts Giant Drop is the other TLC Ride they've been talking about. It's even been talked about on here quite a for months now on what they might have planned and I'm thinking those of you who have speculated are on the money.

Im sure it won't be long now but I guess we'll just have to wait and see if a certain Falcon's Fury has gotten enough attention to rattle an Eagle's nest high atop our very own Tower of Terror?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8a61YsWi2E I think the new thrill ride could be this for starters I swear I saw post back on this topic saying that the ride is being done by an Italian company which could mean that Zamperla could be making this ride (by the way it's made Zamperla) and I got info sheet from Dreamworld showing how tall you all have to be to ride the big 8 thrill rides and on the 130cm it say Big 9 Thrill Ride. on the site you have to be 145cm but maybe what Dreamworld said on that sheet could be false.. I think this ride as we never seen one of these in the Gold Coast Parks. This could be 50-50 chance of this being the replacement of Reef Diver I could be wrong who knows we just have to wait in two months time (hopefully it doesn't get delayed to December)

I'm on the fence when it comes to spin and spews. I don't dislike them, the claw is probably my fav 'flat' ride on the GC, but the rumoured Reef Diver replacement looks like an EKKA/travelling show ride, and for me that's not good enough for a park of DWs standing. Id expect that at Aussie World, and would be too disappointed, but DW needs something with more quality

^ For me, it's personal opinion. I don't like them as my stomach doesn't like them. As far as putting them into Dreamworld goes, it starts to turn the park into a fair/showground style attraction rather that what I would expect from a theme park.

But then what should a theme park be?

Disneyland has Dumbo's flying elephants, and Astro Orbiters.... Every park needs to have it's signature blockbuster attractions, but a park simply can't be viable if it ONLY has blockbusters.

This is the reason why Movie World is regarded by most as not being a full day park - it has (for the most part) a series of blockbuster attractions (coaster, dark ride, space shot, coaster, coaster, dark coaster, flume, stunt show, parade... Apart from Batwing - what else do they have to tie it all together?

We collectively refer to most flats as spin-n-spew because thats the sensation you get from most flat rides - thrown around in one of several directions, to the possible nauseating outcome that your stomach doesn't like... but without them - a park is incomplete.

^I agree. Lately DW have mainly added flat rides. Their new ride will be a flat ride as well because of the space. I think they need to build something big in the Gold Rush Country.

Has anyone been in the past couple of days and noticed any major work happening on the new ride and slide?

Edited by themagician

Just wondering if anyone went to Screamworld tonight if they saw how much more closer Wipeout is to being completed? I'm flying up tomorrow and plan to go to Dreamworld next week so I'm hoping it will be up and running by then :) Or if anyone is going this weekend if they could quickly fill us in on how it's coming along that would be great with a picture or whatever, thank you :)

It seems to me as though all components are in place (visually - who knows about the electrical components etc which are not visible).

I'm fairly certain they'll be aiming for an opening at some point next during the second week of the school holidays, though that will obviously depend upon testing going well

As an aside to this, the Reef Diver will not be going to Funfields in Victoria, home of the ex Stingray from DW and ex Pirate Ship from Sea World. It was offered and looked at very closely by the park on purchasing, but in the end the decision was made that the ride was too old and that it had run its course. Funfields have stated that they will continue to look at other major attractions in the very near future as the park continues to grow.

So Reef Diver, AFAIK, is still unsold. I have a feeling that it may be a while, if ever, that the ride will be off loaded. Perhaps Aussie World may pick up another bargain basement ride......