2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

I spoke to the engineers working on it on Monday that they are trying to have it open Friday, if not Saturday. Dreamworld also told me through Facebook the same thing before that so they are saying different things, not surprising as they have a lot of different people running the Facebook page. The painters last day was today he said it was just final touches and testing to do, they were installing the motors and all the technical stuff then and they were testing yesterday.

Edited by WipeoutDreamworldFan

Did they finish painting the counterweights?

When you say - finish painting - do you mean there was a spot on the ground it was resting on they didn't paint (which I can't see in any of the photos), or do you mean the weird but geometric shape around the centre?

If it's the first - I didn't realise they hadn't painted it.

If its the latter - i think, based on the shape, that it was left that way intentionally.

Someone commented this on their page,

• Whats the name of the new ride?

So i gather they do want to reveal it soon. Anyway 51 likes to go.

The have reach nine hundred likes so they put this on Facebook. Please get liking!!!

Wow, you guys are keen to find out more! Here’s a sneak peek of the foundation. Keep liking this post and when it hits 2009 likes we’ll give you another piece of the puzzle! #big9

They are at 142 likes.