2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

^^This doesn't definetly mean that this is the final statistics of the ride. Someone may have just edited the ride information and put this as their own on opinion on what they believe the ride will be. I do agree and believe that it will be a star fly though.

Edited by themagician

^^ Aren't you the one that just hates everything though?

Given that Wipeout and Claw are two or their most popular rides and Pandemonium has been busy even on quiet days, clearly a lot of people do enjoy spinning rides.

I personally don't like them (although Shockwave is ok, but nothing to write home about) but I can see their thinking. They're cheap, don't take up much space and most people still flock to them.

You make a very good point reanimated. If people continue to go on these types of rides, why not keep on installing them, with a unique experience to them. Yes, it would be good to see them install a new coaster, or a ride that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before but as long as if they put effort into the rides they install, I don't have a major problem with it.

(Off Topic but it's about Dreamworld so oh well) I think I might know the reason why rides like Reef Diver, Avalanche, Stingray, Eureka and PaddleBoat keep closing is because there's hardly anyone on these rides and wanting to replace those unpopular rides with popular rides I'm starting to think Dreamworld is trying to get the "hardcore" people to the park..

You make a very good point reanimated. If people continue to go on these types of rides, why not keep on installing them, with a unique experience to them. Yes, it would be good to see them install a new coaster, or a ride that hasn't been seen on the Gold Coast before but as long as if they put effort into the rides they install, I don't have a major problem with it.

I'll be keen to see what they do with this new one. Sure there's not much that you can really do with flat rides (excluding the likes of Disney) but as I do hope they try something.

Wipeout looks like it's getting a bit of theming love which is great. On the other hand though you've got Shockwave and the Claw that don't really have much going for them. Sure, Claw has some feet but that's really about it.

In saying that though, I guess we can link Ocean Parade together.......

The turbine from Shockwave which they use to create the continuous wave for Flowrider has malfunctioned and caused a tidal wave for Wipeout (ignore the fact that it faces the wrong way, just work with me here) that tidal wave has then angered the giant Claw monster thing which has accidentally "attacked" the surfing beach as it was trying to escape the tidal wave. Now that we've got the Skyfly thing coming in, that will be the rescue planes circling above looking for survivors.

edit-

(Off Topic but it's about Dreamworld so oh well) I think I might know the reason why rides like Reef Diver, Avalanche, Stingray, Eureka and PaddleBoat keep closing is because there's hardly anyone on these rides and wanting to replace those unpopular rides with popular rides I'm starting to think Dreamworld is trying to get the "hardcore" people to the park..

Reef Diver - Yes and No, it was old and losing popularity, but also being expensive to fix when it broke down.

Avalanche - I'll agree with you here, this always seemed to be an "introduction to spin-n-spews" so catered for the young teens.
Eureka - Pretty hard to go on a ride that was broken down and too expensive to fix.
Paddle Boat - They did that to themselves. Cost cutting forcing the closure of the on-board show and there was really nothing to the ride apart from that. Of course no one wanted to go on it.
Edited by reanimated35

In saying that though, I guess we can link Ocean Parade together.......

The turbine from Shockwave which they use to create the continuous wave for Flowrider has malfunctioned and caused a tidal wave for Wipeout (ignore the fact that it faces the wrong way, just work with me here) that tidal wave has then angered the giant Claw monster thing which has accidentally "attacked" the surfing beach as it was trying to escape the tidal wave. Now that we've got the Skyfly thing coming in, that will be the rescue planes circling above looking for survivors.

Send this to Dreamworld. That is a great idea (maybe you're pushing it with The Claw).

Reminder: Pictures are down at the bottom of this update as I accidentally edited this post which deleted the photos. I wished that this website was more user friendly but anyways Time for the update! There was a giant sign in Ocean's Parade showing a new refurbished Ocean's Parade with the new Wipeout in the picture. The sign shows two things that caught my eye that was a sign that read "Snakes and Ladders" with ropes It looks like the old Rock Climbing wall but with no wall :P That billboard showed another sign that said "Drop'n'Drop" which is in front of the Reef Diver.. Could that be the name of the new ride? It also Zone on the sign which I don't get at all.. Alright onto the update:

Wipeout: didn't look different when the last time I went which means no photos for Wipeout!:

The New Ride: Area for the ride is very small The Area isn't finished and I could by wrong anyways I'm done for this week Next Update will be Next Week! post-29384-0-18055200-1405230739_thumb.j post-29384-0-87505600-1405230597_thumb.jpost-29384-0-09649800-1405230853_thumb.jpost-29384-0-28917300-1405230979_thumb.j

Edited by The_Ninja_59

It looks like it says drop zone, a drop zone is a designated place where skydivers land (could be the theme and name of the new ride)

And reanimated the first couple of photos are clearly zoomed in or taken from the ocean parade update sign, of course they will be low quality.

Definitely says Drop Zone, not Drop N Drop.

And reanimated the first couple of photos are clearly zoomed in or taken from the ocean parade update sign, of course they will be low quality.

Any camera bought post 1998 can zoom in and still take a quality shot, it's not like he was taking a photo of the moon or a landmark a km away.

Looks like digital rather than optical zoom. No idea why that was ever implemented into cameras.

Given that it's a photo of the sign, it still looks like it's got vaseline on it.

And I agree - Drop Zone.

That name doesn't really fit with the Sky fly though.