2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

working in retail people complaining about queues really gets to me haha - we have 4 registers open, but everyone lines up at the one nearest the exit and complains. Or they complain that's is to busy and we should get more operators, just wait 5 or 10 minutes and it will be dead quiet again. Most annoying is when they ask why we bother having 10 checkouts when only 3 or 4 are open at a time.

working in retail people complaining about queues really gets to me haha - we have 4 registers open, but everyone lines up at the one nearest the exit and complains. Or they complain that's is to busy and we should get more operators, just wait 5 or 10 minutes and it will be dead quiet again. Most annoying is when they ask why we bother having 10 checkouts when only 3 or 4 are open at a time.

Sorry about complaining :/ the main reason for the lines was honestly the fact that the TOT2 was declared out of service just around lunchtime, and everyone left to go there. I saw quite a few of the people who were around me in the TOT queue later lining up for lunch. So I really do apologise!

That's awesome news Jakev8 about a second season of Mega Truckers. Wth any luck you might get a bit more air time this time although with that many trucks now would be tough I'd imagine.

What would be cool though is if they ended up filming the pick up and movement of the new ride from the Brisbane docks to DW as if the new ride is the Sky Fly as is the assumed choice at this point then the giant arm that is the swinging mechanisim would certainly be a good visual on the truck and more importantly would be an interesting story for a reality/observational TV show which thrives on things like that.

Even though by the time it aired the ride would have already been up and running it would still be pretty interesting viewing

well all rides have there "off days" like the claw when the floor woudn't come up, storm is always getting stuck, jet rescue gets stuck at luanch, pandamonium got stuck upside down that day, wipeout got stuck like 3 times everyday (or more) shockwaves restraints won't realese (sometimes) superman escape rollsback a far bit (like twice a fortnight maybe more) and justice league has major glitches.

Except for the fact that it had a renovation not even 3 years ago.

Correct me if I am wrong (and you actually know the answer to be true), but the 'renovations' as you call them involved a new car, laser systems and tunnel. I'm not sure the actual launching mechanism (electromagnet if my memory serves correct) was replaced, which would mean my original point stands regarding launching numbers

Edited by Brad2912

Ok found out today that the dreamworld job has now been cancelled cause we were to expensive and dreamworld have found some1 cheaper to cart what ever it is that's coming out of Brisbane docks in next couple of weeks. typical dreamworld allways more worried about getting s**t done cheap and not paying extra for a professional/safe service.

Don't forget to add in quiet days where they wait for the caps to recharge then send the ride again within a minute or so.

^ Jake don't be bitter. I'm sure there's plenty of other companies that can do just the same service but cheaper. It's all just paying for a brand name.

Edited by reanimated35

I think we might need a megatruckers topic... - on that - the superyacht move was one good example where the client went with something cheaper, and Johno stepped in to save the day - HHA are expensive for a reason.

As for the statement that LIMs should break down less than superman.... Superman uses a flywheel, and a cable. Simplest explanation is a rubber band gun... direct force applied to the train.

On the other hand - LIMs or LSMs are all needed to work precisely together for the car to get up to speed. That is several different motors all working towards one goal. To me - it sounds like theres far more than can go wrong with ToT than Superman.

As for all the issues with ToT. I recall about a month ago we were all bitching about how much Storm was breaking down. Now we're bitching over a ride that is significantly older than Storm having problems - but somehow it shouldn't be having those problems because they did some unrelated changes 3 years ago?

These machines do thousands of incredibly safe yet high-speed, high g-force manoeuvres daily and yet still don't kill anyone and people get annoyed that the ride's safety features stop the ride automatically instead of smashing a group of people into the wall at great force?

I can tell you now all parks maintain their rides to a high level, for if they didn't and something went wrong and they didn't either a) follow the manufacturer's specs or B) failed to comply with state regulations or c) failed to comply with insurance regulations, they and their operators would be directly liable for any wrongdoing, and that's certainly a situation someone 'no' one wants to.

Sure, some operators are able to mitigate guest frustrations better then others when stuff like this happens, but it's not like the mechanics are leaving bolts off rides and dawdling to rides when they breakdown - this isn't Rollercoaster Tycoon, folks.